How are those AEM short rams on Advance Autoparts?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well i made the mistake of buying a AEM V2 intake. Didnt notice a damn thing but the loud deep tone it now spits out at about 4k. It gets extra loud once i hit vtec also. Gets a lot of undesired attention. Will soon take off and replace with stock airbox and my K&N filter.
Dont lie, you know when you first heard the intake you were like OMGWTFBBQ THIS IS FUGGING AWESOME OMG!!!

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pay 80 for aem cai with k&n filter used

llumley

5+ Year Member
alright... you got me.... I ran around the neighborhood for the good part of an hour hitting redline time after time once I heard it. Then I noticed all the people that stop and look as you approach. Then I was like... Nope.... this has got to go. Im currently looking in to a comptech ice box.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'd keep an intake regardless of how it sounds. The only time it should be loud would be when you romp on it.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
alright... you got me.... I ran around the neighborhood for the good part of an hour hitting redline time after time once I heard it. Then I noticed all the people that stop and look as you approach. Then I was like... Nope.... this has got to go. Im currently looking in to a comptech ice box.
Well no s**t, you were driving fast around a neighborhood where kids play outside. The neighbors werent outside to see why your car sounded so nice, they came outside to kick your ass for making it dangerous for their kids.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have no idea, i try not to waste my money
you're kidding me... Look at your sig.

Anyways, if you need brand name, then go with with, but if you can care less then get one from ebay. An intakes an intake, they all do the same thing.

llumley

5+ Year Member
Well no s**t, you were driving fast around a neighborhood where kids play outside. The neighbors werent outside to see why your car sounded so nice, they came outside to kick your ass for making it dangerous for their kids.
Yea... I live in a pretty rural area where there is about 4 house per block. The neighbors have adapted to the s**t I do... between the cars that are always around my house and motorcycles coming and going. They are the last people that care how fast I drive on my street.