How Bout FLAT BLACK

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
toolow said:
i have noticed one thing about the comments, its seems the guys 16-17 years old dont like it too much but the guys in there 20's dont seem to mind, might tell u something about the expectations of this younger "fast and furious" crowd

maybe.. ***shrugs*** i like older domestic hot rods just as much as i like imports.. and ive seen it on some old 50s cars and i think its hot.. i dont know how it would look on a civic.. but i have thought about doing it before.. but im sticking with silver so i dont have to paint door jams and the engine bay..

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
toolow said:
i have noticed one thing about the comments, its seems the guys 16-17 years old dont like it too much but the guys in there 20's dont seem to mind, might tell u something about the expectations of this younger "fast and furious" crowd
yea any car with a shine on it is now "fast and the furious"
i saw about 8 people that didnt like it and 2 that did and one of the 2 was the only 16 year old in this thread so far

if you want an opinion you got one, but you seem pretty set on the idea of flat black, im not quite sure why you want other peoples opinions, because when you got opinions different then yours you considered them "young" and "fast and furious"

o btw, i also think its a bad idea

Last edited:

leftlaneb*tch

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bbproductions said:

...maybe paint it with blackboard paint so you can draw graphics and decals on it in chalk... lol :lol:
I think I was the only one that saw this... *laffs* :P

Neways, I don't think you should paint it flat black, ESPECIALLY with KRYLON???? That is hella ghetto.
With all that money you invested on that conversion, it would be a damm shame to get anything less than a pro paint job...

floored4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you paint it Flat Black you better have a sick ass motor to back that up. If you clear coat flat black it makes it glossy. That is unless you clear coat it with a Satin Finish. Plus you already have converted your car to look like something else so I would go with a nice glossy color to bring out that front end. :twocents:

leftlaneb*tch

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to skunk2.com, gallery
They should have a pic of fla black civic w/bronze rims

But I still agree with dude above that said go shiny for the conversion you got on your ride...

Azoodica

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just go primer that would be the best sleeper or mismatched panels even maybe?

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've always been a major fan of the Si blue paint. that would look very cool with ur conversion. a dark midnight blue paint would own.

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Btw, dont wax flat colors (didnt read whole forum dont know if anyone mentioned this to him)

Millhouse609

Blowin s**t up
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've also thought about it esp after seeing the recent sport compact with the Sti... that def looks sick. I haven't really seen your car in person so can't really say. some civics it would look alright but then others would look awful..like mine would look like a low budget car.eewwww lol

Vtecademics

Senior Lurker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
toolow said:
what would flat black look like with some clear coat on it
That would just cancel the flat black and just make it gloss black....

toolow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think im gonna have to go with xivera on this one and just go with straight chrome spray paint....lol j/k
that sti looked sick though see its just i dont know what to do, i have till spring to decide and for all u out there no i wouldnt paint it myself id actually go git it pro done so i can go with any color i want as long as the paint is reasonably priced, i might just continue with the red, no door jams but the engine bay would be repainted so it looks good too. as for a sick ass motor to back it up, i got an ls motor sittin waitin for me to dump money into, and its gonna be boosted just dont have the money to put into it at the moment

toolow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and i didnt mean gloss clear i meant satan clear ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea man the sti looks sick, i wouldnt recommend flat black on ur car

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love the color of the new ford focus' the blue color.