How can I get my Angel Eye Headlights to become brighter?

99civic90

I got a pair of angel eye projector headlights on my 99 civic coupe. When I drive during the day and put my parking lights and my halo lights on, you can't tell that the halos are even on because of how they are not bright whatsoever. They are only good when it starts getting dark out and even then they arent the greatest.

So my main question is: Is there anyway I can make my angel eyes brighter? If so, what do I have to do? I see other cars with projector headlights and they are bright to see during the day? I don't get it.

The headlights are completly stock the way I bought them.

Thanks

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could swap out the LED's at the end of the angel eye part but it might not be something you can access.

I would suggest just getting rid of them and keep your oem headlights

mainecivic

The ones you can actually see during the day are ccfl angel eye bulbs. The ones you most likely have are not ccfl and are the cheaper halogen rings which aren't nearly as bright. I've seen some ccfl angel eyes on a bimmer before and they were almost blinding. I really don't know of a way to brighten them unless you return them and buy ones with ccfl rings

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
During the day, you can't even see that they are on and even when it starts gets dark out they aren't the greatest either. My main reason was to buy halo headlights so it gives my car a unique look with the angel eyes.

Sometimes I see other cars with halo headlights and they can be seen perfectly during the day. Why aren't mine like that?

My angel eye projector headlights are stock so I was wondering if there is a way that they can become brighter so they stand out better? If so, what do I have to do?
no hondas come with angel eye projector headlights stock.

the only way i can see u making the ring brighter would be to pull the headlights apart and replace the bulb that lights them with a brighter one. but i have no idea what size of a bulb that is or if that's even something you'd want to try to do. you could potentially ruin the headlights while doing it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't need 2 threads. Merged and cleaned up.

LED's and HID's appear more dim in daylight than halogen. Nothing is wrong with your lights. I believe the LED for halo's is built into the halo itself. Other than getting a new halo ring, I'm not sure what else you can do.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Open the lights up. Remove the bulbs and the dumb plastic halo ring you probably have. Insert CCFL halo ring with out cover, close and be done with it. It'll be bright in the day and crazy bright at night.

... I've done many many of these on other cars.