How did you cut your bumper for foglights?

Proto05

5+ Year Member
I have OEM ones on the way and i was reading the instructions ( http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civicfoglights.pdf, everything looks ok until page 3 where you cut out holes for the lights. It doesnt make sense drilling holes?!?! Is this the way you guys with them did it? Thanks in advance for help.

Also, there is a wire lead for foglights built into the car that you plug the fogs wire harness into right I think thats what the instructions say...

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you follow the instructions step by step you shouldn't have any problems. you cut the holes in the bumper to make it easier to cut with a saw. That way you don't have to cut as much and it's easier to measure rather than just eyeing it with a saw. And yes there is a connector where you just plug in the foglights and you're ready to go, just follow the directions and it's pretty easy.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have read the instructions too and looked behind my front bumper. There is no line or anything what so ever that shows you where to cut. It's just flat black plastic.

I believe it will come with a pattern you can put behind your front bumper and trace/drill/etc.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A 23mm (I believe) hole saw is your friend. It can found at any local hardware store.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I have read the instructions too and looked behind my front bumper. There is no line or anything what so ever that shows you where to cut. It's just flat black plastic.

I believe it will come with a pattern you can put behind your front bumper and trace/drill/etc.
BTW, mine didnt come with a pattern or anything to put behind my bumper.. and mine are Raybrig so :what:..

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there wasnt any pattern for mine either. i just lined the covers up to the bumper and started cutting. then once i had one side done, i used the cut out piece as a template for the other side

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
there wasnt any pattern for mine either. i just lined the covers up to the bumper and started cutting. then once i had one side done, i used the cut out piece as a template for the other side
Hmmm.. Ill try my hand at it sometime this weekend, but I gotta find some way that is more sure.. I really really dont want to mess up and have holes that are too big..

ryanM

i didnt follow that diagram at all, my bumper didnt have those dots like the picture showed. so i winged it, and it turned out perfect.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I still wish there was a way to get some type of template.. I may just try it later today after i get off work. All depends..

Proto05

5+ Year Member
sounds good now that i understand..im still waiing on myfogs from Ebay, has anyone bought from Autodynasty? i hope he sends it...no shipping confirmation email yet.....

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I heard auto dynasty is not someone you want to buy from..

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exacto knife :lol: just started with a smaller whole then kept getting bigger until the cover fit ;)

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Machinehead115 said:
exacto knife :lol: just started with a smaller whole then kept getting bigger until the cover fit ;)
yeah, that's how I did mine yesterday. I started off with a small hole and then kept cutting with the dremel and test fitting until it fit perfectly. I traced that side, flipped it, and traced the template on the other side.

Proto05

5+ Year Member
I am getting a refund from autodynasty...f**kin garbage can its been about a month

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yup, exactly what ive heard usually happens with them.. GL with that :cool:..