how do go bout Removing the Rear Side panels

Bugz2871

5+ Year Member
how to Removing the Rear Side panels?

i was looking for DIY an coudnt find one am doing the BLACK ENTERIOR an i figured everything from the front (DASH DOOR PANELS ECT.) but i didnt wanna paint the front onces black an then leave the 2 rear side panels (WHERE THE REAR CUP HOLDERS ARE AT) grey an panel of mines is broken so i need to replace it.. any one? :roll:

jb0ne

Banned
from what i saw when i was removing my trunk lid (Massive amount of trust needed in that damn plastic.)

that was a good bend. Anyways it looked like you had to remove pretty much all of the door interior trim and most likely the rear seats as well.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im pretty sure you have to remove the rear seats in order to pop those pieces out. You should post pics up when you are done.
________
TX500

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so remove the rear seats, then unskrew the hinge the holders the rear seat to the rear panel, then take the rear deck out. after that look down by were the cupholders are at and take some of those plastic plugs out from each side then carfully pop it out..

hope i didint leave anything out!

good luck!!!!

andrewmrtnsn

5+ Year Member
like ej8arm said.. you might have to take to rocker trim piece off to get it out from behind it.. but you dont have to take the rear deck all the way out. you can just pop it up to get the panel out

good luck my friend

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just took it all out and was wondering if i should sand all the pieces or leave them textured. and any suggestions on the paint,??? thanks guys

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
leave it textured. lessens the chances for havin to repaint due to seein some imperfections. lol i left texture on mine and just put two coats of satin black and im lovin it! just make sure to use duplicolor. that stuff the s**t!!!

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
make sure you use interior paint and make sure it can be applied directly to the plastic, may need adhesion promoter.