How Do I Fix This??

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like you got some sag, are all the clips not broken on that console?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ yup looks like the clips are broken thats why its sagging, get on ebay and get a new one, you can find em for cheaps

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitly missing/broken clips. On the side view you can see the plastic tabs are broken and w/o the metal clips that lock them in to the dash. I has the same problem with my EJ. A few broken tabs but some new metal clips and she was locked in.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
Definitly missing/broken clips. On the side view you can see the plastic tabs are broken and w/o the metal clips that lock them in to the dash. I has the same problem with my EJ. A few broken tabs but some new metal clips and she was locked in.
so all i need is the metal clips? where can i get these clips, cause i went to u-pull-it and i couldnt find any in any of the cars

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As long as the plastic tabs from the console aren't broken, you should be able to buy new metal tabs to hold the bezel onto the dash.

On the left you can see the 2 metal prong clips on the tabs, on top there are 3 or 4 metals prongs plastic welded to the bezel. If those are broken, your SOL. Just buy a new bezel. If they are good just order new metal clips. P/N:90665-S04-003 they are like $1.00 each. Should need 5 total depending oh how many you have missing.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
As long as the plastic tabs from the console aren't broken, you should be able to buy new metal tabs to hold the bezel onto the dash.

On the left you can see the 2 metal prong clips on the tabs, on top there are 3 or 4 metals prongs plastic welded to the bezel. If those are broken, your SOL. Just buy a new bezel. If they are good just order new metal clips. P/N:90665-S04-003 they are like $1.00 each. Should need 5 total depending oh how many you have missing.
thanks yow..im missing 2 metal clips from the top 1 from the right side and another on the left, the tabs aren't broken. I also dont have that black rubber pieces outlining the center unit.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not to thread jack, but...this sag mentioned. Would it also cause an annoying rattling noise from the dash?
maybe , mine had this "annoying rattling" then i figured out my wires were hitting on the steel "cage" thing the radio sits in. (aftermarket radio)