How do I get my negative camber back? (couldn't find thread about it)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your rear upper arms are STOCK/OEM they should look like the piece pictured at the top. OEM is not adjustable, and with a ride height lower than stock, you WILL have negative rear camber

if your rear upper arms are NOT OEM and ARE ADJUSTABLE, they will look like the lower pictured part. If they are like this, your camber can be adjusted both positively and negatively. Plain and simple.

Take a picture of your setup and post it here without needing to describe the situation. The vast majority of us should be able to tell you what's what with just a photo.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Have you even looked to see what they did to adjust the camber? You said it was there and now it isn't, so SOMETHING has changed.....what was it

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The reason i need the negative camber back is because i have an offset that is slightly lower than the civic should have, so to avoid rub you would bring the top of the tire in and roll/pull fenders, have you heard of this before? i'm not the only one who does this kind of thing, but anyway...
That's another thing, what are the wheel and tire specs you currently have? Having a lower offset wheel will effect the amount of natural camber, as will the tire size.

alexbartlett93

That's another thing, what are the wheel and tire specs you currently have? Having a lower offset wheel will effect the amount of natural camber, as will the tire size.
alright, read this again, my negative camber that i did have... is gone, the tire shop straightened the tires up in the back, so there is no camber back there pretty much at all. I beleive i have 15x7 +35 i'm not sure on the offset but i have a little dish, my tires in the back are 195/55/r15 fronts are 195/50/r15, i know this stuff and especially lowering the car will camber my wheels, and they were BEFORE the tire shop f***ed with my car how i told them NOT to, that is why i am asking HOW TO GET THE NEGATIVE CAMBER BACK. and scratch that stuff i said about the skunk2s i'm getting some Koni Yellows with GC coilovers, seems like the best bang for my buck. Maybe i should just slide the back of my car into a wall on both sides, that would camber my wheels

Have you even looked to see what they did to adjust the camber? You said it was there and now it isn't, so SOMETHING has changed.....what was it
I can't get under there till i get my tools again and they wont tell me, i swear i really went to a bull s*** shop this time

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Omg you're slow. If they reduced your negative camber, then your camber is adjustable via non oem upper control arms. So that means you can shorten the control arm which will add negative camber. And if you can't bend down and point a cell phone under your car to take a pic without tools, I don't think you should mod your car.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I can't get under there till i get my tools again and they wont tell me, i swear i really went to a bull s*** shop this time
What f**king shop wont tell you what they did to your vehicle? Did the guy at the counter say he couldn't tell you because HE doesn't know or for some other reason. That is like a dentist not telling you how he straightened your teeth.

There is no rhyme or reason why you can no get that information.

There is really only one way to adjust the rear camber on a stock setup and that is the washer trick. That will only decrease camber. Like CHILD said there is NO other way to adjust the stock setup otherwise. My rears still have camber because I am on the stock setup and my shop said "if you want us to line it up you need a rear camber kit".

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Omg you're slow. If they reduced your negative camber, then your camber is adjustable via non oem upper control arms. So that means you can shorten the control arm which will add negative camber. And if you can't bend down and point a cell phone under your car to take a pic without tools, I don't think you should mod your car.
This or begin reading and taking other peoples thoughts into action. Take a picture when you do that post up we will respond then

MeechYah

They probably adjusted your camber for proper alignment for safety reasons. Most shops are not allowed to improperly align a car just because it looks nice.