how do I install an after-market exhaust system on a 2007 honda civic si coupe?

mechsoldier04

5+ Year Member
i bought this JDM catback exhaust system for my 2007 honda civic si coupe and I need help with intallation instructions. can someone help me?

tyl29

Supreme Member
5+ Year Member
jack it up and tinker. its hard to mess up.. just swap the pipes that look alike.:D

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im sure

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like another believer of what they read, it will not give you 15hp. and JDM? there is no such thing as JDM on the coupe. you got hosed, sry. but it should bolt right up if it was made right

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just leave the one it has on already, and resell it, you might even lose power, or strongly dislike the sound coming out of it, it's not gonna last you too long either, they're junk.

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah..but if you do still decde to put it on post a sound clip of it... im interested to hear what it sounds like.

09CivicSi

Should be 3 bolts on the back of the catalytic converter in a triangle pattern, One bolt is on top almost up against the frame and the bottom two are easily accesible, i found when installing my Cat-back on my Sedan which is an 09 same generation and very similar exhaust just mainly longer. if you remove those annoying rubber exhaust hangers and pull the exhaust down just slightly you should be able to get a ratchet in there, My top bolt for some reason was harder to break because i had already loosened the bottom 2 if the bolts are rusted then definitely replace the bolts as well, if the cat back system you bought did not come with bolts take one of the bolts to your local hardware store and match it up as close as possible.