How do i know if a car can handle forced induction?

johncraz

I would like to purchase a 350Z or 370Z i the future when i get out of college and get a good job....and i know they come stock but how do i know if a car is good for adding forced induction? and if i were to add forced induction on a car what would i have to replace?

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
No offense but why are you here talking about boosting a nissan. I love them ...dont get me wrong. Im sure you could find a nismo website...J.S.

emerican

Registered VIP
Why is so many peoples fist post what do i need to turbo something
Turbo,intercoolor,oil catch can, turbo manifold, all pipping and couplers,bigger injectors, better fuel pump,downpipe, a whole bunch of little misc s**t that i dont want to get into and most import you need engine managment and a good tune.
On a honda you want to do a decent turbo kit you better have a budget of 2k or maybe more.

1991civicb16

Why is so many peoples fist post what do i need to turbo something
Turbo,intercoolor,oil catch can, turbo manifold, all pipping and couplers,bigger injectors, better fuel pump,downpipe, a whole bunch of little misc s**t that i dont want to get into and most import you need engine managment and a good tune.
On a honda you want to do a decent turbo kit you better have a budget of 2k or maybe more.
^^ This the kit im looking at is 3k...:cool:

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I envy you guys that get to boost. Bud was going to give me his stock WRX turbo but California sucks for that and I don't have any smog connections yet =[

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would like to purchase a 350Z or 370Z i the future when i get out of college and get a good job....and i know they come stock but how do i know if a car is good for adding forced induction? and if i were to add forced induction on a car what would i have to replace?
the way to find out if a car can handle boost is to boost it and trun the psi way up and redline the first 3 gears

then after you replace the motor, you need to replace when boosting a car is your stupidity. Replace it with knowlege by doing research.

research > asking dumb questions

bizak

I owned a 87 Supra with a 1JZ swap pushing 400+ at the wheels, I learned one thing from that car before I sold it. More boost more problems, more money. I got a 04 Gsxr 600 spraying a 40 shot, I haven't lost a race from a car yet and i have went against 911, zr1 etc. From my experience either get something that it's already turbocharged and have another for dd that helps with the gas prices, and DON'T waist your money on turbocharging every car you have. Cause it gets expensive. Lets say you spend $500 piecing together a turbo kit, it will cost you another $500 to tune your car for boost at decent shop, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

OH by the way a stock Cobalt SS or a Mazdaspeed will rape any day both 350z and 370z and they cost way cheaper.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
why u even posting stuff about 350Z's when this is a civic forum hence CLUBCIVIC.COM take that s**t to a 350z forum

CraigJamez42

all the money you'll spend turbo'n a Z, you could buy a cheap honda and beastit out and still save alot of money. you dont have to get a honda but you could get anything, 240sx is what i would reccomend for a nissan. considering you could get an SR20DET for about the same price as a b18

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all the money you'll spend turbo'n a Z, you could buy a cheap honda and beastit out and still save alot of money. you dont have to get a honda but you could get anything, 240sx is what i would reccomend for a nissan. considering you could get an SR20DET for about the same price as a b18
A built Honda will still be a fwd tinny box, and not a nice car. 240sx's fall into this catagory as well, save for kouki s14s, but those are a long way from a 350z and hard to find. For the coin, id drove a c5 corvette over a 350z, but they are nice cars. Not everything is just about making a car fast, if it was, no one would be modding hondas as they are expensive to make truly fast and not great platforms.

CraigJamez42

S14s are sleds. i know a dude with an s13 with a built SR20 and its ridiculous and his wife has the s14 with an RB25. Its beast too, just heavier and not as quick. still an SR20 for $1200 at some places that comes boosted with 220hp is a great start.

bizak

I say screw the 350z and buy a Geo Metro and drop a big block with a blower in it.
You will be the fastest kid in the parking lot.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I say screw the 350z and buy a Geo Metro and drop a big block with a blower in it.
You will be the fastest kid in the parking lot.
That doesn't even have a "blower".

Fail.

bizak

That doesn't even have a "blower".

Fail.
Okay I Fail cause you are slow and don't get it. You know how hard it is to find a Geo Metro with a big block, let alone with a blower? It's as difficult you understanding sarcasm. Once again I Fail.