how do i remove tail lights on a 6th gen

99civichx518

ive taken my corners out and replaced them with the tintd ones but i dnt get how the center ones come out i removed 3 nuts on the inside and the one on the very outside disconectd then and they wnt budge

99civichx518

No ones ever done this? ive searchd for hours and got nothn i have all bolts removed and they wnt budge

cycleguy83

5+ Year Member
after your sure all nuts are removed, give it a solid tap from the inside. their probably just a lil stuck. they slide right out.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the inner ones can be pretty well pressed inside of there. You're gonna need to push them pretty good for them to finally pop out.

cycleguy83

5+ Year Member
i dont remember how many nuts their are, buts its only 3 or 4. visible too, should be a piece of cake

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There's only three for the tail lights on the trunk lid, 4 for the coners

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Trust us, we know what we're talking about. They're made to be removed and since yours haven't been since factory, they're going to be on there pretty good.

99civichx518

thanks for the vote of confidence ill giv em a wack with the mallet wats the best place to hit and anyone kno where to get led bulbs for our tails or do i need a kit?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just tap the studs you took the nuts of with the handle of a screw driver should knock it loose, btw if you are putting some other kind of black or allteza tails, that's baby jesus's way of telling you that your making him sad

99civichx518

Baby jesus wtf lol i got tintd stokers and wana do led lights anyone kno the led bulb numbers to use or anything else required i heard ppl mention resisters will i need one

princesmith

After taking the 3 8mm bolts off the center, lift it just enough to clear the holes and pop it a few times towards the license plate. There a slide clip on it also same with the other side.