how do you chip a ecu

davidmutchler95

Just Another Guy....
5+ Year Member
can anyone tell me how to install a mugen chip into my ecu?? i know were it goes but, i just dont wana break anything. any answers??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont know how to do it, dont do it. its not hard to fry a ECU.

is it a ebay chip? if so throw it away its junk

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can anyone tell me how to install a mugen chip into my ecu?? i know were it goes but, i just dont wana break anything. any answers??
mugen doesnt make any chips for civic ecus... they sell the ecu already chipped.

i agree with green.... toss that chip

eg.ob

5+ Year Member
EBAY chips FTL!!!

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can also help if you need anything in the ecu department.

derrick

mugen

hey i have a mugen chip that is made for a civic i bought it from a guy that is in a civic car club he never installed it it is brand new he got it off ebay does that honestly mean something is wrong with it lemme kno

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i have a mugen chip that is made for a civic i bought it from a guy that is in a civic car club he never installed it it is brand new he got it off ebay does that honestly mean something is wrong with it lemme kno
there is no such thing as a "Mugen" chip. Someone had their car tuned by mugen then decided to copy the map and sell it. Putting that chip into your car is going going to cause more harm than good.

kwell

5+ Year Member
i didnt like this post, first of all, the chip is not going to harm your car if you buy one of these, a stock honda is almost invincible as far as the tune goes, my friend was running his teggy with a b18a1 at 22:1 b4 we got it on a dyno and saw it, and also its not hard to chip a ecu just be careful and use electronic flux, get a desolder iron also it makes it so much easyer, but the ecus are also quite hard to destroy as it turns out just make sure all the bottom side looks like cristmas trees and the tops like swimming pools, thats it, just wanted to clear those things up ebay chips still arnt good because you dont know whats on em, but i wouldnt be scared to run em

HA Motorsports

i didnt like this post, first of all, the chip is not going to harm your car if you buy one of these, a stock honda is almost invincible as far as the tune goes, my friend was running his teggy with a b18a1 at 22:1 b4 we got it on a dyno and saw it, and also its not hard to chip a ecu just be careful and use electronic flux, get a desolder iron also it makes it so much easyer, but the ecus are also quite hard to destroy as it turns out just make sure all the bottom side looks like cristmas trees and the tops like swimming pools, thats it, just wanted to clear those things up ebay chips still arnt good because you dont know whats on em, but i wouldnt be scared to run em
:word:

We also have a step-by-step chipping with pictures tutorial on our site for anyone interested in learning how to 'socket' their own ECU. (this allows the chip to be installed in your obd1 ecu)

http://www.hamotorsports.com/ecu-chipping-basics.html

:thumbs up

mr.nieto

ok say i have a p28...and need a chip...wer is a good one or wat would b btr....i got a d16z6 std civic and also want a chip in it