how do you focus on studyin?

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey, im trying to study for exams and its not working, i get so sidetracked (maybe i need ridelin or however spell it) i can get by without studyin now, but i think its gonna catch up to me, any help?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Turn off anything that distracts you. Your computer, your phone, etc. Turn on soft music or music that gets you going (but not like hyper / pumped because then you won't pay attention more). Then just sit down, shove the book in your face, and study. If you can't focus, relax for a while. Close your eyes or something. Take deep breaths. Calm your mind and body.

That's what I do :what:.

junior h.m

5+ Year Member
i have the same f**king problem right now. im supposed to be finishing a 10 chapter book before bed but i can lol it sucks

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Turn off anything that distracts you. Your computer, your phone, etc. Turn on soft music or music that gets you going (but not like hyper / pumped because then you won't pay attention more). Then just sit down, shove the book in your face, and study. If you can't focus, relax for a while. Close your eyes or something. Take deep breaths. Calm your mind and body.
That's what I do :what:.
hmm, yea i should prolly turn off the comp. thanx man.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I do a lot of prescription drugs, i take caffeine intravenously, caffeine pills etc. I avg a 3.8 gpa in med school none the less

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do some work, take a break get a drink, do a ton of work, shoot a couple games of pool. sit down and finish thats usually how it goes for me.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for me, I had to get away from the computer.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
roll a blunt.

But seriously, isolate yourself and set goals. I'll finish chapter 1, take a break. Then ill do chapter 2 and take another break. Of course im talking like 10 minute breaks, with maybe a 30min break between every 3 chapters.

SOMEthing of the sort. Just throwing out an idea. Personally, I drink lots of coffee and take cigarette breaks.

Worked through the first 3 years so far.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, im trying to study for exams and its not working, i get so sidetracked (maybe i need ridelin or however spell it) i can get by without studyin now, but i think its gonna catch up to me, any help?
adderall

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no way. That s**t has crazy side effects. Plus once you go off it, you can't stay awake worth s**t.
believe me i know. i was prescribe that s**t for 5 years thru highschool. but hey, it helped my grades a lot.

junior h.m

5+ Year Member
lol ^ima go get some aderral tomorrow from the doctor,,lol,, i also need my vicodin refill to many accidents equals lots of therapy and vicodin,morphine,and the things i really hate patches uhhh they gross me out lol.

but ehh i found out that vicodin helps me focus lol

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I usually just turn my i-pod on and listen to that. Only real way that I can concentrate on studying.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, since i'm an art major... it's a little different than studying.

but i have to stay away from the computer completely and listen to lots of music.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
adderall is the s**t haha. i would get some from my buddy and take it whenever finals comes up. i have horrible study skills i can never focus, but once i take adderall i have like a one track mind its great and i study for like 5 hrs straight haha. but just take it in moderation cause if you take too much or if you take it too late youll be up all night. adderall dosent realyl have any side effects just makes you thirsty and gives you bad gas haha

or if you cant get your hands on some adderall, go to the library with your ipod or w/e and just study there. quiet and less distractions. and dont leave til you get all your s**t done

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really like making some coffee...going someplace where its far away from the computer, putting on some music and studying by myself. I get a lot of work done that way.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to the library and study, no distractions there, besides the hot girls. :lol:

Also it is critical to take breaks.