how do you know when too...?

thambi23

Hey CCers, how do you know when to change you ball joints and also whats a good brand for wheel bearings to buy or can i jus buy any like at autozone or advanced auto parts..please let me know

nerofotia

n00b
Hey CCers, how do you know when to change you ball joints and also whats a good brand for wheel bearings to buy or can i jus buy any like at autozone or advanced auto parts..please let me know
I can't speak for anyone else on this one, but in MY experience...

I figured it was time to replace my ball joints when I saw that the ones I had were split open. I buy a lot of my parts at NAPA, and after deciding to keep my car 99% stock, I'll continue to do so unless I can find a significantly better bargain through online sources.

explodingcake

I can't speak for anyone else on this one, but in MY experience...

I figured it was time to replace my ball joints when I saw that the ones I had were split open. I buy a lot of my parts at NAPA, and after deciding to keep my car 99% stock, I'll continue to do so unless I can find a significantly better bargain through online sources.
This^

Whenever they're open , replace them asap. Without grease , those joints will wear out faster than usual.
Also , jack up the car , grab the top and bottom of the wheel and wiggle it. If you hear clunks , then either the upper and/or lower joint is done for.

If you can go Honda for the OEM balljoints.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very good points guys.

Also, when you go to un-do the nut which is attached to a ball joint.. if the nut turns with the balljoint stud, then it might also be a sign of a bad balljoint.