1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How do you measure drop????on your coilovers???

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension' started by Redwing24, Feb 16, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Redwing24

Redwing24 Proud owner of a 99tegls 5+ Year Member

just got my coilovers, I'm going to lower 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. My question is do I measure from the top of the coilover sleave to get the accurate height. Or what. I don't think it would be from the bottom, because that would mean less spring tension and lower drop, right??

2. tonyM

tonyM caca poopoo Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

to be honest, everytime ive set up new suspention on a car,
    i parked on level ground and just played with it until it was where i
    wanted it to be. then i would measure the wheel gap on each wheel.
    hope this kinda helps

3. Jimmy2times

Jimmy2times White, middle-class Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

thats what i'm doing right now. u just gotta play with it and let it settle then adjust and figure it out to compensate for your weight and the weight of anything in your trunk and such.

4. ryanM

ryanM Banned

if you wanted a precise drop distance, you should have gotten springs.

with coilovers you just need to keep adjusting until you get it where you like it.

the way i did it was set them all the way down, put them on the car, realize my exhaust is sitting on the ground, then i raised it up until i had 1/2" of clearance and called it good.

5. Genuine Rolla

Genuine Rolla Its PETEY PETE, y0! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

What I do...is break out the measuring tape and measure the car where it was before you dropped it, then put in the new coil overs and from there, just adjust accordingly.

6. Redwing24

Redwing24 Proud owner of a 99tegls 5+ Year Member

while looking at them on the floor, how are you going to move the adjusters up and down without the sleeve moving too then????