How do you measure drop????on your coilovers???

Redwing24

Proud owner of a 99tegls
5+ Year Member
just got my coilovers, I'm going to lower 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. My question is do I measure from the top of the coilover sleave to get the accurate height. Or what. I don't think it would be from the bottom, because that would mean less spring tension and lower drop, right??

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest, everytime ive set up new suspention on a car,
i parked on level ground and just played with it until it was where i
wanted it to be. then i would measure the wheel gap on each wheel.
hope this kinda helps

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats what i'm doing right now. u just gotta play with it and let it settle then adjust and figure it out to compensate for your weight and the weight of anything in your trunk and such.

ryanM

if you wanted a precise drop distance, you should have gotten springs.

with coilovers you just need to keep adjusting until you get it where you like it.

the way i did it was set them all the way down, put them on the car, realize my exhaust is sitting on the ground, then i raised it up until i had 1/2" of clearance and called it good.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What I do...is break out the measuring tape and measure the car where it was before you dropped it, then put in the new coil overs and from there, just adjust accordingly.

Redwing24

Proud owner of a 99tegls
5+ Year Member
while looking at them on the floor, how are you going to move the adjusters up and down without the sleeve moving too then????