how good are 6th gens

Motaw

Im looking for a car for a freind, and i came up with a 98 vtec civic coupe. everything looks good/clean.

But how are 6th gens. any feedback?

The seller is asking for 5k.

asor3682

mines a 96 ex vtec and got mine for 3950 ... my friend has a 98 ex vtec too and got his for like 3000

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats too high but they are great dependable cars

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honda = dependable :d
ftw!!!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
6th gens are reliable to have as a car.
I got my 2000 civic ex coupe with vtec for 4750 with a cracked windsheild.

They are awesome I think, I just bought mine a couple weeks ago for $2500 with 152,xxx in the clock. Completely stock and unmolested which is hard to find nowadays. The air isn't as cold as it could be, and there are a few dents, not to mention it's the d16y8 soch vtec but things can be done to make it faster. All in all it is a good, cheap, reliable car. 5 grand may be to much unless it has like 50,xxx miles on it or something.

cubangoddess08

I've got a 99 hatch, I love it personally. Only issue I have had since I got the car was a bad bearing on my tranny but that was because some idiot did my clutch wrong. other than that, great car.

Edit: oh yea, I paid 2900 for it with 94,000 miles on it.

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got my 98 ex for 3 grand
body could be better in some places but its a great car and i love it
reliable and fuel efficient

C0mradeAlex

5+ Year Member
I got my civic for 3000. It was a 5spd with 166xxx miles. It came with an slight oil leak.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There dependable, but 5k is a bit too high...

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5,000 is way too high.

Unless it's got less than 70,000 miles and records of every single service done, not to mention one owner, the asking price is ridiculous.

To put it in perspective, I bought mine as a four-year-old car back in '04 with 100,000 miles on it. I bought it from a dealer, and paid $7,500. That was extremely high back then; I definitely overpaid.

All that said, they're great cars that achieve terrific gas mileage (average 300+ miles to an average tank) and maintain a decent enough power/weight ratio so as it will feel like a smooth, fun economy car. Not to mention they are extremely simple to maintain. Not cheap, of course, but what car is?

If you're seriously looking at this car, I'd offer $2000 and wouldn't pay more than $3000. Otherwise walk away and consider another Civic; they're--almost literally--a dime a dozen just about anywhere.

99CEX

Too high.

I paid $2800 for my 97 EJ EX. 5spd with 99k on the odo - completely stock, unmolested and DAMN near perfect for condition (one small ding that I'll be getting removed).

Bought my gf's 99 EJ EX for $5,000 3 months ago with 75k on the odo. Fully loaded as a civic comes.

These cars are reliable, VERY reliable as a matter of fact. Their only downfall is the OEM exhaust. The exhaust starts to rust and the muffler starts to split open before the car even hits 120k. My GF's 99 is having this problem right now and the owner before me (97 EX) had to replace the entire exhaust from the cat conv. on back.

Otherwise, reliable as hell and the 5spd returns MUCHH better fuel economy than the 4spd Auto. I'm at a half tank right now with 260 miles, GF's auto gets 260 to a full tank! :lol:

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got my 97 hatch with 66k miles on it for $3,000 :cool: and that was over 6 yrs ago

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to mention that insurance is not too high. They are also easy to work on.

vep

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got my 96LX for free was in bad condition but it gets us around :D

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
98 ex boosted vtec 800 w/t blown motor and all parts. it was a steal as only the block had to be replaced and ext was mint.
2000 si w/t a strong ls motor to boost. boosted it and still runs. 181,000 on the chassis. 4000 only cause it was in excellent condition.