how good are 6th gens

cvic98lx

5+ Year Member
got my 98LX matic for 2500 last year with 163k mileage,now im on 172k getiing 28-30mpg=)

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got my 2000 ex last year with 132xxx in immaculate condition from the 2nd owner but the first owner was an older woman he knew, my car came with every single receipt from every oil change bone stock, I paid $3800.

Aldundra

5+ Year Member
Thats too high.

I bought my 98 civic Lx when it had 106k on the odo for 5900, but I got it from a dealership.

If your buying that civic from a private seller, then you shouldn't pay more than 3k

Crow47

5+ Year Member
I bought a 98 EK coupe, milano red, with 138k, equipped with a turbo, for 4500. I love the car to death.

bofthe951

yea. 5k is a lot to ask. The dude is probably just comparing it to the KBB. I got my 99 (non vtec) for 3,000, came with brand new tires and everything. Try to work him down, and if not just go somewhere else.

818EK_

i bought my EJ about 2 months ago,

paint was spot-less, bone stock down to the windows tires etc,
had 99k on it, 5 speed, he detailed the car, buffed the hell out of it.
HE was the 1st owned had ALL records and all down at a honda dealer:D

got it for 4,500, and it came with a full tank :cool:

i loovee my civic
<3

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5k for a 98 honda civic vtech is too much!!!!!! It has to be low miliege, perfect condition inside and out, and hella updated inside the engine. And with bad ass rims and custom suspension. Other than that, the car is worth 3 thousand MAX, assuming it is in excellent condition. I mean no dents, perfect paint, no stains or cuts in the inside, and no oil leakage anywhere.

I own a 1997 honda civic EX, SOHC vtech. and My car has reached its stage of its life where all the gaskets are beginning to fail. Before this year, my car was running perfectly since I bought it in 7 years ago, for 8k. It only had 82,000 miles, now it has 182,000 miles. I had to replace, the radiator, all the hoses, water pump, timing belt, valve cover gasket, distributor and its gaskets, vtech gaskets, HEAD GASKET, thermostat, My bearings went out, so replace those along with both axles, 3 wheel studs broke off, and not to mention the automatic windows are a PAIN IN THE ASS. These cars are known to get messed up. I had to replace the window regulator and constantly have to lubricant the side of the windows. My transmission is working perfectly, thank god for that.

I think my car will be running fine for another 150,000 miles! When I replaced these gaskets and parts, they were old and shitty. These things are not meant to last forever. If your going to get a 6th generation, be aware that it too, has reached the mid point of its life and its going to need some replacements. After you replaced these things, I think it will be a reliable and dependable vehicle.

Based on some of my research, cars go down hill after the age of 10 years.

Also, if you are looking for a vehicle for 5k, then consider getting a 2000 civic, or lately I have been checking out a 2005 honda civic with the right body kit, rims, and lowered. Without these, it looks like a car that is for chicks.

Xx96CoupexX

5+ Year Member
I own a 96 6th gen coupe dx and i bought it for $2600 Cdn, so far it has been very reliable with few problems, it has just over 271,000 km on it. Bought it with about 242,000 km Still runs strong and smooth. The body is going a bit on roof and drivers side rear quarter. I love my 6th Gen they are great cars =)

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I own a 1997 honda civic EX, SOHC vtech. and My car has reached its stage of its life where all the gaskets are beginning to fail. Before this year, my car was running perfectly since I bought it in 7 years ago, for 8k. It only had 82,000 miles, now it has 182,000 miles. I had to replace, the radiator, all the hoses, water pump, timing belt, valve cover gasket, distributor and its gaskets, vtech gaskets, HEAD GASKET, thermostat, My bearings went out, so replace those along with both axles, 3 wheel studs broke off, and not to mention the automatic windows are a PAIN IN THE ASS. These cars are known to get messed up. I had to replace the window regulator and constantly have to lubricant the side of the windows. My transmission is working perfectly, thank god for that.
not trying to be an ass here i just think that by last seven years you would know its VTEC no h
:lol:

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Once again i'll post because I feel like I should haha.

2000 Civic EX Coupe
114k on odo when bought, 119k now. Still strong.
Milano Red
Manual
Everything is all good, and up to date.
$4750 with cracked windshield (heat crack from winter)

BoRi EK

I've had my 99 EX Coupe, Manual Tran., Milano Red, for about 3 months now... It had just 64K miles on it when i bought it and payed $4,000 for it. They are great, dependable cars.

teddyrussell

my 98 civic ex runs perfectly for 3 grand, only problem i ever had with it was a hanger weld on my exhaust broke and the aftermarket piece of s**t cat blew out, i hope your cat is from honda and its good cause even with my employee discount and doing the work myself the part costs 400

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
back in 04 i bought a 99 hatch with 32k miles for 5k

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6th gens, ftw!

i won't say how much i paid for mine, because it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, but now i wouldn't pay 5k for it. too high.

great cars, though. i've had my 96 LX for almost ten years. bought it with 42k miles, now have 173k. still runnin'. :thumbs up