How hard it it to paint flat black slip streams white?

-helloimD4NNY

I drive a red EM2 and I have been looking for white slipstreams but have only found black ones for sale. How hard is it to paint them?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is it hard for you to drive to autozone and buy white spray paint? its about that hard lol

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look up some DIY's for painting your wheels, there are tons of them. It's not that hard, but to do it right it's very time consuming.

tony9156

Painting them is the easy part, sanding them will take some time. But it is definitely easy enough to DIY

eddiev23

i would get them powdercoated bro just my opinion.if u do spray can u better take ur time lol u should practice on some steelies first. gl

-helloimD4NNY

Alright, i'll practice on my steelies first if anything. Lol.

Another question. I didn't wanna make a new thread but, again, I drive a 2002 Civic EX Coupe. The slip streams i'm getting are wrapped in 205/40 tires. Will that rub when I lower my car 1.5"-2.0"?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright, i'll practice on my steelies first if anything. Lol.

Another question. I didn't wanna make a new thread but, again, I drive a 2002 Civic EX Coupe. The slip streams i'm getting are wrapped in 205/40 tires. Will that rub when I lower my car 1.5"-2.0"?
Depends on the wheel size and offset. We need to know the wheel diameter, width and offset to determine anything..

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get some aircraft stripper take off everything with a pressure hose, 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, 3 coats of clear. took me about 5 hours to do mine...although i was doing a design on mine too so maybe less. 3MM masking tape will be needed as well.

civic98ek

Registered VIP
id have them powdercoated white they'll look so much better but if ya dont have the money i guess spray paint them just do a good job or they will look like s**t...

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you gonna keep them rims for a long time and if you got the cash, powdercoate them, if not use the other alternatives. spray paint for wheels, not regular spray paint.

GACivic

NoOb
Registered VIP
Powdercoat them. It'll probably take 2 coats of powder though, (i powdercoat at work)

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i cant afford powder coating right now, so i ordered 2 cans of white plasti-dip. will get them in less than 2 weeks. i ve been looking at pic of other ppl who have done them and they look nice.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why didnt you just go to home depot? they sell it

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i went to home depot, they only carry black, i bought 1. the other colors you must get online. same thing at Lowes, and ACE hardware.