How in the....do you get this dang dashboard off!!

St!cky F!ngaz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 2001 Civic LX Coupe and I am trying to get this dashboard off but am having a hell of a time. Where can I get info on how to do this?

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes this would be extreamly helpful. i would like to know for a 96 as well =)

Crystal

Florida Civic Gal
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't know how... but don't they have all that info in the haynes book that you can get at any autoparts store or bookstore???

d17a2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is how its done:

remove the pocket just in front of the shifter "there are just pop clips so pull...

look and you will see 2 gold or silver "10 mil. or fillips"screws holding the radio to a bracket
unscrew them....

look in the very front of the same cavity and you will see 2 small black screws remove them..."you will need a stuby fillips"

everything else is pop clips..
don't be scared it may take a pick tool to pull it out if it has never been done

info for a 7 gen. civic ex

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's REALLY hard the 1st time you do it :( My bf use a screwdrive to pry it out...but after that, it's loose so it's easy. Don't use a screwdriver tho...kinda warped it :(

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats helpfull but its not the whole thing :(

gj tho.. better than anyhting i found

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know how to get the main plastic dash piece on my 95 coupe off? it's the black plastic part that has the clock and hazard button. I want to get diff guages inn but I cant get it off. thanks

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've got lots of issues with this thread............ first of which being that link is a how-to on removing the center console, not the dashboard...... the original question asks how to pull the dashboard, which is the piece that runs all the way across the front of your car and houses everything from the steering wheel to the airbags.......... speaking of which, don't forget to disable the airbags first or else they could discharge...

so, if we're clear? what is the original question actually asking for..............?

.... and then i realize how old this thread is.