How install a pcv valve?

RonJ

Banned
Ease of access to the PCV valve varies by engine. What engine do you have?

Edit: I see you have a 98 Y5. The valve for the Y5 is a "replace by feel job" rather than a "replace by sight job". Access it from below with the front end on stands. It's above the oil filter. By touch, follow the PCV hose to the breather box to locate the valve.

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take off your throttle line and it should be easier to see your pcv its to the southeast from the intake mani

acecivic101

5+ Year Member
all you have to do if you have a d16 is detatch your throttle cable.. and the bracket that holds the cable in place.. thats if you have a d16y7 intake manifold.. once you do this youll be able to reach it from up top with a long screw driver and your hands

RonJ

Banned
take off your throttle line and it should be easier to see your pcv its to the southeast from the intake mani
all you have to do if you have a d16 is detatch your throttle cable.. and the bracket that holds the cable in place.. thats if you have a d16y7 intake manifold.. once you do this youll be able to reach it from up top with a long screw driver and your hands
Unless the engine has been modified or swapped, the 98 Civic HX has a D16Y5 engine for which the PCV valve is not accessible from the top.

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
I have a zc engine in my ef hatch, where would the pcv valve b located? Please and thank you

Heather

PCV Broke :/

So I asked my little brother to help me out since I cant work on my car at the moment and he pryed on it with a screw driver.. he broke it in half and now the bottom half fell back into the "black box" is this harmfull or what are my options?? It is a 96 Honda civic ex I am just not sure of what to do considering this is a first :(

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
It seems to be a pretty common thing that happens with the pcv valve. after a while they rot and break easy especially if their have not been changed in a white. I changed mine at about 150,000 miles and it shattered. What I wound up doing was picking at it with a pair of needle nose trying to get out the pieces. I don't think it will kill your engine but personally i dont think it is a good thing either. I hope it helps and good luck.

So I asked my little brother to help me out since I cant work on my car at the moment and he pryed on it with a screw driver.. he broke it in half and now the bottom half fell back into the "black box" is this harmfull or what are my options?? It is a 96 Honda civic ex I am just not sure of what to do considering this is a first :(