how manny MPG you get in your car??

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think some of you guys are over excaggerating (I cant spell)

I do an average of 130miles per week.
I used up about 5 gallons of gas per week
So a lil math and Im doing an average of 26 miles per gallon
Wow.

26mpg?

That sucks for you.

My EH9 never failed to get 32 mpg.

That's an EH9. D16Z6, 4 doors, A/C, P/S, moonroof, subs, full interior, ABS, 15" Konigs...etc...

Why wouldn't an HX, CX, DX...etc... get better mileage? Less weight, smaller engine, less parasitic engine load...etc...

Hell, my Mazda got 23 mpg on the last fill-up. ($3.89 a gallon :angryred: ) I got 30mpg strictly freeway and I have 2X your displacement. Might be driver error in your case.

Kamikaze

Sesquipedalian
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get K&N!

95 EX Coupe Manual, 127k miles, all city driving - stock other than coilovers (pretty slammed)

Grease Monkey Air Filter, city driving, ~30mpg
Add K&N filter, no ECU reset, all city driving: ~35mpg
K&N filter, reset ECU, still all city driving: 37mpg

K&N, reset ECU, w/75 highway miles: 260 miles with indicated 1/2 tank left

I was thinking of upgrading cars a few months back, but with this kind of mileage I don't know if I can justify the extra gas cost - WTF?!? 37mpg to/from work? I fill up twice a month, tops. It's gotta be coasting downhill and short-shifting that brings the real mileage gain, but that's still a nice boost from just an air filter change...

Luv that mileage!!

:mrgreen:

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
95 EX Coupe Manual, 127k miles, all city driving - stock other than coilovers (pretty slammed)

Grease Monkey Air Filter, city driving, ~30mpg
Add K&N filter, no ECU reset, all city driving: ~35mpg
K&N filter, reset ECU, still all city driving: 37mpg

K&N, reset ECU, w/75 highway miles: 260 miles with indicated 1/2 tank left

I was thinking of upgrading cars a few months back, but with this kind of mileage I don't know if I can justify the extra gas cost - WTF?!? 37mpg to/from work? I fill up twice a month, tops. It's gotta be coasting downhill and short-shifting that brings the real mileage gain, but that's still a nice boost from just an air filter change...

Luv that mileage!!

:mrgreen:
:thumbs up

I'm calculating my B18a1 mpg now but I won't be matching that madness;)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just got 39 today, no joke, and that is with an exhaust mani that is cracked. and low tire pressure

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but the car i have with my moded car thats whats getting the gas milage and its a complete stroked out block with a huge list of mods just on the motor it self

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a b18c type r swap with i/h/e and average 28-29 mpg with going to the track

jfizzle

5+ Year Member
well this mght sound out there ive been doing this thing called hyper millage and on normal i can get 50 to 54 mpg on a z6 with a cai thats all

baller7764

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what is hyper millage??
Haveing no fun while your driveing. Like just cruseing in neutral, super slow acceleration and limited brakeing. Someone else can explain it better that me but that's basically it.

jfizzle

5+ Year Member
yep it means 45-50 everywhere dont go over 2k rpm slow everywhere i dont go fast but im pushin 600 a tank

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My Civic is getting 38. My 06 F-150 is getting 9, but I really don't think it's that bad for a supercharged supercrew on 24's...

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just calculated my mpg. City driving I'm getting 32mpg on stock b18a1 stock ehxaust/intake, don't know about highway.