How many Civic HXs were made?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to know how rare my manual '97 HX really is as Ive read they made far less in manual than the CVT trannies. Ive been unsuccessful in finding any such production numbers online. Perhaps someone has info on how many of each trim were manufactured within all tranny options.

Alex_fl05

Why do you want to know that? Fun Fact?
The manual HXs seem quite rare on this side of the shore. The CVTs are a pain in the a** to find tho for a decent price. I ended up getting a CVT tranny from NJ.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There was someone up here who wanted to know how many 6th gen Si's where manufactured. They looked for vins and all, I wonder if they ever found out?

CO671

Registered VIP
Spent about 20 minutes googling.... couldn't come up with anything over 20 sites.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do you want to know that? Fun Fact?
The manual HXs seem quite rare on this side of the shore. The CVTs are a pain in the a** to find tho for a decent price. I ended up getting a CVT tranny from NJ.
I want to know mostly out of curiosity. it seems like I hardly come across manual HXs. knowing its rarity also increases personal value a bit.

Spent about 20 minutes googling.... couldn't come up with anything over 20 sites.
Ive also spent alot of time researching the topic. Not just for HXs but Si's as well. I wouldnt be surprised if Hx numbers arent available, but I would think someone out there at least has a rough number for other trims like the Si.

CO671

Registered VIP
Yeah I was lookingf for SIs too.. From my understanding 6th gen SI's woukd be the most common SI's ever made. Previous and later generation SI's weren't nearly as plentiful.