how many psi of boost can i run

adentremont

i have a b18b1 with new forged pistons rings, rod bearings, super tech valves, super tech dual springs and retainers, ARP head studs, new water and oil pump, stage 2 clutch, MSD ingition, skunk 2 intake manifold with 70 mm throttle body, and AEM fuelrail with 1000cc injectors, just wondering how much boost i can run safely with that set up with either a apexi neo tune or hondata ???

92lseg

What turbo? What's your compression ratio.. Psi is just a number

What's your plan for the car?

adentremont

im still in the process of putting it together so not sure on compression. and just tryin to build a fast civic lol. put er on the drag strip a few times a summer.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Stick with Hondata

Do you have a larger fuel pump?

You need a goal first, we cant accurately help you without one.

adentremont

i was thinking a garrett but not sure what would work best t3 or t4 or a combo

guess thats my next question is what turbo should i go with im not up to date on which turbos are the best for my car

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
There are probably 100 turbos you can make that number with, Im assuming on pump gas right?

Whats your budget?

adentremont

yea just pump gas but sayin that i can get up to c12 racing fuel at the pumps here.
and i got 3g or so to spend on a turbo kit

xile6

5+ Year Member
Psi doesnt really matter.
find a turbo that will flow enough cfm to reach your power goal.
Then just keep upping the psi until you get to your hp goal.

boostin22

Idk what turbo it has now but isn't a good idea to turn up the psi unless you have turbo supporting mods like exhaust, intercooler

Black94civic

i had a integra with a b18b1 i had almost the same build as u. but not the 1000 injectors i had a Walbro 255 fuel pump with 10:1 compression and a Garrett T3/T4 70 trim i had like 15psi and could of went more with a hondata s300 3inch intercooler. and 3inch straight pipe from the downpipe and screamer pipe. with a tial wastegate and a greddy bov.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you have access to racing fuel, and want this thing to be a trailer queen, spend some cash on having your block/head honed and decked, sleeve it, bore the block from a 1.8 to a 1.9 - 2.0, port match everything, and throw a GT30R or something on it. Get that thing screaming. I would suggest running a fuel cell, and spending a lot of money/time on your fuel filter and fuel lines (go with an inline fuel filter).

Now if you want it streetable, your build is suitable. Run the highest octane pump gas you can get, ensure you have a nice fuel pump (Walbro!), and you could go with (as boodshot said) a huge number of turbos. If you don't want to break the bank, run a T3/T4 hybrid. They're easy to find, you can get it externally or internally gated, and a large number of manufacturers make them with a lot of options (4 bolt, 5 bolt, anti-lag venting etc.).