How many quarts of ATF for my '94 Civic LX (1.5L engine)

mixtape86

Hey guys,

I have a stock automatic 1994 Civic LX that I picked up last weekend. She runs great. Though unfortunately the previous owner neglected to do many maintenance items, such as changing the ATF fluid. I'm just curious if anyone has any tips on making the change easier. Also, how many quarts of ATF do I need? I picked up 2 last night but they're $11 a pop so I decided to just pick up 2 and wait to see if I need more.

So far I've heard that I need 1.6 quarts, 2 3/4 quarts, 2.4 quarts, and at least 3 quarts of ATF for a change :shock::???: lol. I am not doing a full flush, just draining in the garage at home and filling with new fluid.

As far as checking the fluid level, does the Civic have a dipstick on the trans? I know some cars do, and others don't. I'll admit that this is my first Honda so I'm very new to all this. Thank you guys for bearing with me through all this. I bought a Haynes online, but it won't get here before the weekend :\.

Thank you =).

RonJ

Banned
You need one more quart of Honda ATF. Click site 1 or 2 in my signature and download the 92-95 Civic service manual.

mixtape86

Thank you! Just what I needed. I do have a copy of the virtual service manual. However it's over a thousand pages and keeps killing my computer lol. The pic was just what I was looking for!

donjuanmccoolit

The Ultimate Honda Ride
There should be a dip stick somewhere. You need to add the right amount of ATF.