How many quarts of oil do i need? 04 civic

khanhfat

5+ Year Member
Just got my 04 civic and tried to change oil myself... it got 55k on it. What type of oil should i get how many quarts? and what filter you recommend to get.. FRAM oil filter is out of the list here.

Thanks!

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get honda filter and like 4qts. i use castrol.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Read your owner's manual, conventional oil will be fine, and do not overfill that is worse than running a little low. The oil change is one of the simplest things you can do to maintain your car.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Mine always takes 3.5 quarts with filter change even though it says 3.7 including filter. That's as exact as i can get when changing my oil. I have an EX (d17a2) the VP/DX/LX (d17a1) takes 3.5 quarts according to the manual..

I use mobil1 full synthetic/oil filter

Use any oil filter except for Fram, i'm not sure if OEM is fram (honeywell)anymore or not. :what:

remember to check the level of the oil when the engine is cold. Check it in the morning or wait a couple of hours.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mobile 1 filter, mobile 1 oil, mobil 1 ftw!

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last time I checked, Honda OEM filters were still made by Honeywell. The same company as Fram.

Fram is pretty much universally hated on every forum on the net. Even the Kia guys hate Fram and their cars are pretty much disposable

So you can go spend $5 on a Fram, $10 on a OE, or Mobil 1 or $3 on a SuperTech at WalMart.

The Mobil1, Bosch and SuperTech filters are all made by Champion Labs. I've been using SuperTech for years without problems. Externally they are identical to the Mobil1. I think the Mobil1 uses exclusively synthetic material inside whereas the SuperTech is only semi-synthetic.

EF Honda EF

those things take just over 3.5 quarts. I would go with modil 1 but if you dont want full syn then definitly use castrol and i think those take 5w20. it should be on the oil caps. may be 5w30

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
5w20, 3.7L of oil

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I use fram filters...haven't had a problem with them.... :what:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol::bluelol:

He said seven!

Let's just fill it until it overflows from the filler cap!
Word. Filling the motor up w/ oil till if flows outta the valve cover is mad tyte JDM, y0!