How Much Can Turn Signal/Headlight Harness Handle?? Overload??

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much of a draw/voltage can the turn signal harness handle before it is overloaded or cause any damage to oem wiring. Can it handle running turn signal,side markers and city lights??

Thanks for any assitance.

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im pretty suree

greent

5+ Year Member
as far as i know it should be able to handle it as long as you are not splicing in much more than those lights

guachi

5+ Year Member
if you know anything about electronics then you should not ask about voltage but ask about current, how much current the circuitry can handle is up to two things: first of all the fuse, and second: the wiring, the voltage will always be the same, so for example if you connect several lights on that wiring this will cause more current traveling through the wires making it heat up... so the thickness and plastic covering of the wires can only handle so much... so if you intend to use all those lights on that circuitry i dont think is safe to do so since you're gonna be drawing quite a few amperes that could fry up the wiring... and any spark inside your engine is not safe..

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ lol true....

gauchi i understand the voltage stays the same just miss wording.....what i am wondering is if the jdm front harness has a different gauge wire to run these extra light lights since they come oem with both sidemarkers and city lights.

guachi

5+ Year Member
^^ lol true....

gauchi i understand the voltage stays the same just miss wording.....what i am wondering is if the jdm front harness has a different gauge wire to run these extra light lights since they come oem with both sidemarkers and city lights.
There might be a slight diference on the JDM ones... but still the relays and almost every other spec on the car are the same so having said that, the wire usually can handle at least 15% more than its nominal load (Load the wire was designed for) so if you're just gonna add the side markers to the current circuitry it might handle it as its probably gonna draw 10%-20% of the total capacity load of the harness, only way to know though is to try it...