how much does lowering cost?

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey im think about to lower my car, wonder how much it cost?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on how you want to do it, $0-$1,500

ESR98civic4689

Chi town racer
5+ Year Member
well youcan buy soem tein s-techs which are good and i would recommend a skunk two camber kit for thr front and if ya need it the rear to, but get skunk2, had them for a year and no prob the s-techs cost about $200 and the camber kita about $130 and this is for a good set up, probably go with some tokiko shocks to but thats only if ya want to but if ya dont care go to ebay

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're a namebrand whore expect to pay over a grand easy.

Only namebrand I got were shocks, and I love my suspension.

These are estimated, I've had these for over a year and don't really remember:
Tokico Blues - 275 shipped
Dropzone Lowering Springs - Around 75 shipped
Strut/Tie/C Pillar Bars - Maybe 75 or so total
Don't remember how much my camber kit ran me. Been too long.

All you really need are the springs to lower it, if you're on a major budget. However, without aftermarket shocks your stock struts are gonna blow in no time. And if it's lowered a lot, you'll be going through tires like crazy without a camber kit.

ramhatch

Ramhatch
5+ Year Member
the service to lower your car would be a little over $200, thats just for the work, and the rest it all depends on what u have i bought some coil overs from some guy for a bill, so i paid like a little over $300.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coilovers
springs and shocks
just shocks

let us know what ya wanna do

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He didn't say how he wants to lower it, he just asked how much. So here's the plan, take a steak knife, go outside, slash your tires, Congrats! You just lowered your car 2 or more inches! BTW, the cost is free.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well you could get some 10s and then youll be low for about $100. Fill the car with sandbags now your even lower for cheaper.

tenzo-r springs and camberkit for $200

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres what my car wil be lowered on in spring 06:

tein s-tech springs (brand new from hkt03) - $110
Ingalls front camber kit (traded for hx wheels to gabebauman) - $0
set of tokico blue shocks - $300 (will buy soon)
invidia rear 19MM strut bar and lower tie bar with everything - $175

i dont think i need anything else

install : $0 hopefully :D

total $585

so thats not bad

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my best estimate...
coils/springs...about 270 plus new.
front camber (with or w/out control arm)...about 100-200 new.
rear camber...about 9 bucks diy.
alignment...about 70.
shocks...about 250 plus..
this is my guess, feel free to correct me guys and gals.

mk97

g0t h0nda?
5+ Year Member
that sounds about right. springs could be less..my setup was

sprint springs - 90 shipped
gr2s - 190 shipped
install was about 150, which i regret not trying to do myself 1st
alignment - 75, normal pricing..

i do however regret not doing it right the FIRST time, and not getting camber kits, which i dont think it will kill me right away, but i definitly have negative in the rear, -2. its a 1.5' drop. so in conclusion, get everything at once, get the top brands you want, and you'll love it.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to passwordjdm.com, buy the omnipower full coilover package that comes with the front and rear camber kits for 950 and your set, great suspention and you can adjust the height and dampening... i did just coil sleeves before and regreted it... but to each his own

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soo wit the chips and soda it would cost about 600$?

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't go cheap on suspension, that could be one of your best investments especially if you are making some serious power. Definetly get a camber kit too, will save you alot of money and trouble.

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ebay springs... $50 buks. getter dun...

surfer4life722

you can touch it...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine cost 230 I believe....it all depends on the ride quality and performance you want....I'm not that much of an aggressive driver so I just bought some eibach sportline springs which dropped it a lil over 2 inches. Ride quality is still really good.....but anything over 2 you might want to consider buying new shocks b/c thats a lot of stress.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet thread, gave me some digits to work with, thanks guys.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lowered mine for 75 bucks (courtesy of blazed) w/ some neuspeed sports thats on oem shocks though (which will be replaced w/ kyb's next week)

QuickB18

5+ Year Member
in spring of 06' I'll be putting in the suspension being shipped to my house as we speak. I went out and bought D2 RS coilovers. Got a deal on em...740 bucks but I still need a camber kit.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on my last hatch i had
GR-2= 200
ground control coils= 269
install = 150

I kind of regret it cuz you realy dont need to adjust your height much ( I never did). And for the same price I could get a tokico spring/shock kit and thats going for like 489 and the 2 are made for each other

I must say my new coupe almost handles like a dream unless its like a lot of consecutive humps. So I asked the previous owner what was there for suspension, and he says cut spirngs!!!! This is honestly the best handling/feeling car with cut springs i have ever come across. Would I ever considered cutting my springs ... nope! but the're working ok so ill leave them til i need new ones