**how much hp should i be making fully built d series**

biggreenz

5+ Year Member
how hp should i be makin from a fully built and turbo d series? or should i go a different route? i jus need a cheap bang for a buck and ive heard d series parts are a lot cheaper and i can get whole moter for 115bucks all day long or any 4 cyl. at local junk yard jus some advice on which way is best route

biggreenz

5+ Year Member
not really jus wonderin what other people had to say and what there preferences were

BLINDD

5+ Year Member
What d-series?
I'd go with a z6 head.
Amount of HP all depends on how you build/tune, but for a fully build D I'd guess around 300 -- @ probably around 10-12 PSI. But then ofcourse, you could go higher.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What d-series?
I'd go with a z6 head.
Amount of HP all depends on how you build/tune, but for a fully build D I'd guess around 300 -- @ probably around 10-12 PSI. But then ofcourse, you could go higher.
I'd love to see a built d series at 12 psi hit 300whp. More like 230. Think of it. A B16 at 10 psi makes about 250-270whp.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd love to see a built d series at 12 psi hit 300whp. More like 230. Think of it. A B16 at 10 psi makes about 250-270whp.
depends on what turbo. there are turbos that would hit that mark. be laggy but it would do it

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where can I get a full D16 for $115?

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with a fully built d, the possibilities are endless. but, your on the wrong site for the type of question your asking. go to turbod16.com or d-series.org were thats ALL they talk about.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vitaras on eagle h-beams in a z6 with like 25lbs of boost will get ya bout 300... search around bro.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
vitaras on eagle h-beams in a z6 with like 25lbs of boost will get ya bout 300... search around bro.
25lbs lol ??!!...more like 18lbs....25lbs is quite a bit especially if its a big turbo....ive seen 25lbs make around 400whp...

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
a built d series to hit 300 hp would take around 16-18psi depending on the turbo....and a B16 @ 10psi would make around 280-300hp...

25lbs lol ??!!...no, more like 16-18lbs....25lbs is quite a bit, especially if its a big turbo....ive seen 25lbs make around 400whp...

http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4140

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah there are way too many things that will effect how much hp you will make. quality of parts, size of injectors/pump, stock cam or aftermarket, how big of a bore you plan to run. . . . too much s**t to give accurate guess