How much hp/torque should i expect on my turbo setup?

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wazup peeps. Im piecing a quality turbo kit for my 00 civic with b18 ls motor
Heres what i have

BRMS ramhorn t3 manifold w/ ac
Precision 3431e .63 ar 545hp max turbo with 5 bolt 2.5 downpipe
Bosch ev14 620cc injectors
Tial wastegate 38mm 7psi spring installed
golden eagle pro series fuel rail
aeromotive FPR
misc gauges autometer
aem wideband
exedy stage 2 clutch
act 12lbs flywheel
Hondata s300

Stock LS for now

I'm not sure how much power i can produce with this setup.. I want it to last till i can built a diff block

my goal was max 300whp/200 torque.. is this possible with my setup????

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya u can make 300hp. But the question is for how long...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
300 on a stock LS motor doesn't seem possible (safely). Guess I haven't been researching that set up and you probably have so you know better than I but that seems a little on the high side right? Who's tuning you?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
your hp/torq will depend on the tune that is all.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats another good point.

As a tuner if u came in and asked for that i would tell u no since its only a matter of time before it blows up!

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
people make 300 on stock blocks all the time usually in a ls-v setup but you can definately do it like every one is saying fuel and tunes will determine everything

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's a lot for your tuner to factor into your horsepower rating. With all of that said, and a healthy block with good compression, I see making about 220whp (just an estimate!) on the high side of 6-8lbs of boost. That will be okay for a bit, so long as you don't drive the car hard all the time. Here was my setup, which made 320whp/285tq:

95 Integra LS b18b at 9:5:1 Compression ratio
Golden Eagle Rods
Golden Eagle Rod Pins/Wrist Pins
OEM Pistons (didn't even think these would mate to the rods, but low and behold they did. You can thank the PO for not replacing the pistons...)
Cometic head gasket/exhaust manifold gasket
ARP head studs
Cast iron log-style manifold
Turbonetics Deltagate II wastegate, set at 1bar
HKS SSQV BOV with 12lb spring
AiR Research (essentially the same as Garrett, with some minor changes) t28 turbo, .64AR Turbine housing, 5 bolt 2.5in downpipe with flexpipe welded
Full 3in exhaust, no cat, magnaflow muffler (OEM style, 3in inlet and outlet)
2.5in charge piping, 3 row FMIC
440cc RC Injectors (I really should have gone bigger, but wanted OEM reliability with a better nozzle)
OEM fuel rail, polished
Fuel pressure regulator
Stock intake manifold and stock throttle body (was going to go with Skunk2 IM and 80mm TB)
p74 OBD1 LS ECU running Chrome with dyno-tuned basemaps
Exedy Stage 2 Cerametallic cluth

I had it dyno tuned at a buddy's shop here in my hometown (I don't even know if they're still in business.. they were called J&J Performance. Tuners were okay, service was great, and their mechanics were really good). It took em three runs or so to get the tune down, at 11lbs. The car made reliable, safe power, and I was handing V8's their asses regularly. Fuel economy took a s**t while in boost though lol. 22mpg when driving conservatively, when I decided to get buck wild it went to like 11-13mpg.

All in all, if you're investing that much money, build your bottom end up a bit and do it right. As you can see, with my half-assed build (once again, thanks to PO. Bought it from him half-built), you can make decent power, but if I were to go the full route like I should have, and gone with Godzilla sleeves, domed pistons, bigger injectors, intake manifold, throttle body etc., I would have made a good amount more.. maybe close to 400whp, who knows.

TL;DR: I had a very similar setup to you, with more bottom end work, and make your goal. You're gonna need a bit more to make 300+whp on a daily.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes, a stock ls can handle 300 whp. but you should make more than 200 ft lbs. not sure if 7 psi will do it though, might have to bump it up to make that. local guy here made 300+ whp for years on an ls. boost even spiked as high as 19lbs. car is still running and driving right now

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the advice... whats the best thing i should do to my LS block buttom end.. not very familiar with engine building.. 250-270 whp is what my tuner told me on my setup is possible and safely.. need more advice you if you may.. thanks

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Keepthing the knock count down and the EGTs down will determine how long it is going to last, plenty of stock blocks make 300whp for a good amount of time.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
best thing for the bottom end... forged internals

The hp/trq output is completely tune dependent.