how much is paint job?

isak

5+ Year Member
how much is paint job for just hood and front bumper?
how much will it be if i primed it myself?
it doesn't have to be the best paint job, it could be like maaco or osmething.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you wanna go cheap i'm guessing $300 maybe...could be less...

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got my sweet mazda painted for $420 for the whole car with a clear coat it came out so nice i was so happy, and that included fixing a dent, and to just partially paint they charge like $250 its just better to paint the whole car

isak

5+ Year Member
where did you get it done?

PLmatt91

5+ Year Member
96 DX Hatch said:
$20 home depot special :thumbs up
Fasho. Can't go wrong with that. And all kidding and sarcasm aside... If you didn't have another choice, I'd try it.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
earl sheib but make sure you get a full on clear coat, maybe 2 not a shitty integrated clear coat, here what my car looked like when i got it back from the shop

then a week later

isak

5+ Year Member
do you know if it matters if i prep it myself or not, at earl scheibs??

SpawnedCivic

Bouncing off the Walls
5+ Year Member
All I know is most reputable shops won't touch something primed and prepped yourself. They like to do their own wet sanding at least and if you buy the paint yourself (bout 100 dollars) you probably could get it painted and clear coated nicely for bout 200 labor 200 booth time.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
prepping it yourself wont make a difference, if you have any dents or knicks you want to get out, just pay them the extra $20 per dent to get em out, i had a huge dent on the side that cost me $35 to fix, hope thats helps