how much to frame pull

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got in an accident and insurance is a big d-bag so im not claming my car. the only thing i cant fix myself is the part on my 5th gen that the hood latches to and the headlights are part of. on the drivers side it got pushed in about 6 in. How much do you guys think it will cost to get pulled

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a come-along winch or a heavy duty ratchet strap (come-along works better). strap it to the frame (next to the hood latch) and connect the other end to a tree or solid object. put your car in gear or park (with engine off) and ratchet the strap to the desired possition. pull it a little and then check to see how much further you want to go. whatever you do dont drive in reverse with it hooked to a tree. you will go alot farther than you want to and then you will be screwed.

i just did all of that to my car because i hit a deer. it works great. now all i need is a bumper and a new hood.
good luck. let me know how it works for you

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ i've done that to other peoples cars. it works fine, just don't go to far. ( i never have but i've been damn carefull not to..)

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah. ive pulled the whole front end off a car by driving backwards while hooked to a tree. damn that sucks....dont do that. just have patience take it easy and dont do it if your pissed of at all (being pissed off makes you want to break stuff.....wanting to break stuff while trying to unbend something.....hmmm not good) lol. have fun.

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much does one of those tools cost?
a come-along winch or a heavy duty ratchet strap

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get a heavy duty ratchet strap for about 10-15 bucks but a comealong winch is much better, alot stronger and a hell of a lot easier. they are anywhere for 15-25 bucks.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this is what i need done to my car.

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bring the cars over to my garage and i will fix them. lol

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well, turns out max has a hydraulic pull. .. but i dont' really know how to operate it

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wish i had a hydraulic pull. i think i can try and pull it out with a come-along wintch. ill make some calls to my friends and see if any of them got one. maybe if i can get the hood down by spring break ill come out to a meet in michigan and someone can help me out

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if u can make it down to indy, u can use this one

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well currently my hood is held down by bungie cords. and i kinda freek out when i go faster then 65 cause the hood bounces up and down.

civic939

Drive Fast Or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dude...thats crazy. i had a hood fly up on me once when i was going about 60. it was crazy. broken glass, bent metal. it was narly. good luck.. if your ever in escanaba i will let you use my winch.
Peace