How-not-to-makectr Headlights

sccardslax05

vida guerra lookin fine!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DON"T PUT THEM IN THE OVEN AT ANY POINT IN TIME. VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ooh s**t dude.. are those yours? >.<... I did mine in the oven.. and no meltage..

sccardslax05

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
ooh s**t dude.. are those yours? >.<... I did mine in the oven.. and no meltage..
yea i was pissed when they melted oh well.
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sccardslax05 said:
DON"T PUT THEM IN THE OVEN AT ANY POINT IN TIME. VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x
Something about that picture looks chopped. Other than the fact that the headlight is roughly the size of your torso...

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats f**kin hillarious

civimanex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it does look chopped lookwhere your hand are how are you holding the lights??? look at the left hand that white bar coming out it looks like thats what ur hoilding not the light

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: that headlight looks huge compared to that person holding it.

Those projectors look tight. Good choice

CPCivic03

HoNdA PrOjEcT
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Squintz said:
Something about that picture looks chopped. Other than the fact that the headlight is roughly the size of your torso...
My thoughts exactly, and the plastic wouldent melt white it would be clear in the front and that dirty white in the back.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put mien and others peoples headlights ont he oven. u must of had that s**t on broil or sumthin.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
those headlights do look huge.. lol.. I was just gonna comment on how small and skinny the dude was...

anyway. if those are your real headlights.. you did somethin wrong.. either they were touching the oven, you had it on too high of a heat.. or they were in too long..

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Squintz said:

yup, for me it was kinda weird how they were that big, and then u said that and i noticed the blurry edges around the white s**t.

ive melted plenty of s**t in my time (almost my hand on july 5) and ive never turned anything white

Last edited:

sccardslax05

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u guys actually think i took time to chop them. when i get home from work ill show the other one that i did cuz its fine and ill put them side by side next to the car even. ill post pics.

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sccardslax05 said:
List of things that look off:

1. Melting is too clean. While clear plastic does melt white (not on direct flame), the edges are too blurred.

2. Headlight is as big as your torso.

3. What in the hell are you holding?

4. The pole thing on the left has two shadows. Nice job on the rest of the shadows though.

5. The pole thing on the left wasn't even cropped straight. Bottom has a gouge missing.

6. Resizing is easy. Right click on the headlight and choose "Free Transform". This technique will come in handy when you post "the two headlights together, next to your car"

sccardslax05

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civimanex said:
it does look chopped lookwhere your hand are how are you holding the lights??? look at the left hand that white bar coming out it looks like thats what ur hoilding not the light

umm no that bar is part of the light this is definantly not chopped y would i chop something like this and show the new lights

sccardslax05

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Squintz said:
List of things that look off:

1. Melting is too clean. While clear plastic does melt white (not on direct flame), the edges are too blurred.

2. Headlight is as big as your torso.

3. What in the hell are you holding?

4. The pole thing on the left has two shadows. Nice job on the rest of the shadows though.

5. The pole thing on the left wasn't even cropped straight. Bottom has a gouge missing.

6. Resizing is easy. Right click on the headlight and choose "Free Transform". This technique will come in handy when you post "the two headlights together, next to your car"
1. it was in oven not direct flame
2. thats how big head lights r take urs out sometime.
3. part of a support that u screw in when u put the light back in the car.
4. lighting in my house.
5. i kno because it wasnt chopped, thats how it melted.
6. thats actual size, maybe it looks weird cause how my friend is sitting.

but whatever u dont have to belive my unbelieveably bad luck.

sccardslax05

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CPCivic03 said:
My thoughts exactly, and the plastic wouldent melt white it would be clear in the front and that dirty white in the back.
ist not white if u saw the light up close u could see those r tons of little air bubbles.