How should I prep an already painted Si lip? Could I ducktape it?

Tony Toxic JDM

Noob question, but its poly Urethane, and not metal so it seems it would need different type of prepping. I'm just going to paint it black no shine no nothing. Should I sand it first then spray? I was also thinking of putting long strips of fancy duck tape on it (like checkerboard, paint splatter etc) But not sure if anyone has done this, or if I should do it. Any help is appreciated. Like I said, :slap: noob question, but I want it done TODAY, and want it on at the same time

P.S. What type of screws should I use to screw it on? :???: The guy didn't give me any, and the holes are quite small.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Use a finer grit than 400-600 if its already painted. Use 800-1000. just enough to scuff the paint. make sure it is CLEAN after you sand it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please god dont do DUCT tape...

You will never get it off if u ever want to remove it and trust me you will want to remove it...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You do realize what happens to duct tape when it sits out in the elements right? It crumbles the top layer and you are left with a white mess that powders when you touch it. Looks like crap and damn near impossible to remove it without sanding it down. Trust me. I had to duct tape a tail light on my old 4x4 beater back in the day and it turned out terrible when I left it on.