how the hell!!!

civico

5+ Year Member
hey guys i'm having truble extracting a alternator from my crx, i already took off all screws from it all i need now is remove it from car, how do you take alternator from crx

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have to rotate it and sorta jiggle it out....you'll feel it. It doesn't slide right out.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think its supposed to come out over by the tranny side. move it over to the left side of the motor and wiggle it out then.

1990crxAKAlexi

5+ Year Member
remove the bottom alt bracket 2 bolts...then the alt drops out. just have to find what angle that it drops past everything

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either through thecrank pully, OR down by the steering rack by the exhaust.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
or up by the fuel filter, that was always my easy trick.

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Or be Smart and just take off you brake setup not the booster just the brake crap that sticks out two bolts it will make an air noise dont worry it just letting the excess air out then just move it to side and alternator slide right out from top that how,I did it then put you new one in and put the brake crap right back on bleed all breaks agian befor driving,

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why waste the time bleeding brakes, either out by the crank pully or down by the axle on the back, the 2 ways ive done it.

just need to twist it around to find the best way to remove it.
i have to change my alt. here probaly tommorw. will probaly only tak eme 10 mins.