how to change the original speaker cables?

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone have any tips on how to change the speaker cables in a Civic Coupe `98? I wan't to use bigger cables, but don't know how to get the cables inside the door from the coupe........ :oops:

sorry for the poor english, i am a Norwegian! =)

cortaroracing

Gold Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the same question.

Is everybody just using the thin stock wire?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can always just run them under the carpet like it was a power wire or such.... just dont run them WITH the power wire

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by TheNorwegian
Does anyone have any tips on how to change the speaker cables in a Civic Coupe `98? I wan't to use bigger cables, but don't know how to get the cables inside the door from the coupe........ :oops:

sorry for the poor english, i am a Norwegian! =)

run it all under the dash.. then when you get to the end of the dash run the wires into that lil rubber boot, then with the door panel removed....wire it all up

I didnt see any poor english... people here in the states speak worse than that...

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup do what he said ^^

as for back speakers, do what the other guy said and run the wires under the carpet. It actually lifts up very easily.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
Yup do what he said ^^

as for back speakers, do what the other guy said and run the wires under the carpet. It actually lifts up very easily.
i said both things homie... the only hard part about the speakerwire under the carpet is getting it fished in thru the backseat...

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slambed_civic
i said both things homie... the only hard part about the speakerwire under the carpet is getting it fished in thru the backseat...
Ya no s**t sherlock. Notice how I said "do what the other guys said???" My post was agreeing with you... allstar. Sometimes it's nice for the topic starter when he see's more than one person agreeing on a suggestion.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya no s**t sherlock. Notice how I said "do what the other guys said???" My post was agreeing with you... allstar. Sometimes it's nice for the topic starter when he see's more than one person agreeing on a suggestion.
i understand that you are agreeing with me... but you dont have to be an ass.... and seeing as how im the ONLY person to reply to this topic helping TheNorwegian who else are you agreeing with?

TheNorwegian

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tanks guys!

I now have a DLS reference kit in my front door's.. 8)
And an amp buildt in the trunkfloor, with blue neons over it.......:lol:

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, allstar. I can tell you're close to me, we got the same lingo eh?