5+ Year Member
What you'll need:
- Philips screw driver
- black spray paint
- clear coat
- about 30 min
- 10mm socket wrench
- Honda emblem

1) Start by removing your front bumper. To do this, pop your hood and remove 7 black clips/screws using a philips scre driver

2) Remove the screw in each wheel well which secures the bumper to the fender

3) Remove the two 10mm nuts that need to be removed under the bumper.

4) The bumper should now be loose and slide off

5) To remove the grill look on the back of the bumper. There are 4 screws that hold the grill to the bumper. Remove all 4.

6) Now the grill should slide off. There are a few clips so you might need to give it a little tug.

7) I taped the chrome outline and spray painted the grill mesh with about 3 coats. I wanted a few min between each coat. Then I applied a layer of clear coat.

8) I got a Honda Emblem which had adhesive on the back and attached it to the grill. Make sure you measure to find the centre.

9) Now you're all done! Just re-assemble everything.

Before:

After:

I think it looks better now =)

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. I love the retrofits

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks, guys.

fyi. before this, I took the stock grill, cut out the inside, and replaced it with my own mesh that you see in these pics. There's a how-to on that here:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=57767

When I did this, I also painted the basketball hanging from my mirror to match my wheels :P

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice grill & retros, but whats with the Polk audio sticker?
Thanks... I have a lot of money into my car's stereo which for the most part is all polk audio equipment. I was cleaning out my glove box last weekend and I found the sticker in there so I just slapped it on my dash :P

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why is taking off the bumper necessary? i never had to do that to get the grill off on my civic

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why is taking off the bumper necessary? i never had to do that to get the grill off on my civic
cause someone didnt put the screws back in your grill, that holds it on