how to disable the seat belt reminder

AndaHeart

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone have an easy way to do this? looks like there isnt a fuse dedicated to this function. i think the buzzer is buried in the dah. any input?

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
which one are you talking about? there is one that connects under the seat that you can disconnect but the other one that lights up in the cluster i dont know

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the bulb in the cluster just remove the cluster and take out the bulb.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or just buckle up

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
where is the light? above the mirror? if it is, just unplug the light.

AndaHeart

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
which one are you talking about? there is one that connects under the seat that you can disconnect but the other one that lights up in the cluster i dont know
Im talking about the buzzer. Mine is starting to malfunction-- If i have a passenger buckled up and they unbuckle before they open the door, the buzzer sounds and sometimes doesnt stop, i have to stop and restart the car to kill the sound. If i can somehow remove the buzzer I'd be golden.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea, unclip from under the seat, or jump the two wires together. whichever does it.

JDMb18EFcivic

5+ Year Member
underneath the dash is a grey box that contains the buzzer element. let that buzzer stay on and trace the sound to that grey box i told u about, and unplug the cluster of wires coming out of it and remove the grey box. once you have done that, pry it open, and inside you'll see a little black circular thing. that is the buzzer! desolder it, or simply rip it off with pliers. now just put it all back together. worked for me, and no more buzzer, EVER!