How to fix a sagging headliner on a 2000 civic?

RuckRider2

hi i recently bought a 2000 civic si(canadian SI) and it seems like the rear headliner is a bit sagging not jus the fabric but the whole headliner. anyway to fix it? or buy a new headliner? also does anyone have a link/tutorial on how to replace door panel fabrics for 2000 civic? thanks!!!

Trekk

Registered VIP
You need to remove the headliner and see what you are working with. It's not hard you just have to pop all the plastic panels off that are in the way. If the cardboard backing is fine then you just, have a decent amount of work ahead of you. More or less you need a wire brush (bigger better) contact cement, razor, new cover of choice. You must remove the cloth and what you can by hand. Then comes the fun part of using a wire brush to remove all the glued on foam, this could take moments to hours. If you want an OEM look and feel, get a foamed back cloth. Cover the cardboard in contact cement, place the new cloth over and push it into glue. Be really carful it goes on flat. Maybe do a few dry runs. Then cut out your holes.

thats just a quick overview typed on my phone

RuckRider2

i dont think the whole headboard is sagging i check earlier today and i noticed that at the rear passenger side in the middle theres a plastic pop pins or something and its not connected to the top and i have a feeling its the clip thats broken i was wondering how to take it out w.o destroying it.