how to get a car bard

4drRguy

5+ Year Member
ok so i have a swap and i hear every one saying that there car is bard. how and where do i get my car bard and how much will it cost. oh and i live in califronia where the stricktest emissons laws in the nation are. if that makes a difference. i know that the swap has to be of the same year or newer. oh and i have a jdm engine. what do i have to do to make my car legit?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bard? is that even a word? :wtf:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need a USDM intake mani w/ all smog eqipment and ECU that originally came with that motor.

bard? is that even a word? :wtf:
B.A.R. is Bureau of Automotive Repair. Getting your engine BAR'd is getting a sticker from the state that says your motor has passed visual and smog inspection by the state ref. Then you can get pulled over and not get in trouble for having a swap.

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what he said just get the intake manifold and te right ecu man you should be ok

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B.A.R. is Bureau of Automotive Repair. Getting your engine BAR'd is getting a sticker from the state that says your motor has passed visual and smog inspection by the state ref. Then you can get pulled over and not get in trouble for having a swap.
ooo ok. never heard that term before. we just call it "passing inpsection" lol

genobee

5+ Year Member
ok so i have a swap and i hear every one saying that there car is bard. how and where do i get my car bard and how much will it cost. oh and i live in califronia where the stricktest emissons laws in the nation are. if that makes a difference. i know that the swap has to be of the same year or newer. oh and i have a jdm engine. what do i have to do to make my car legit?
damn that sucks for your buddy:lol:

i pass inspection without even have my hood ever open lol

i go to my ricans and they always hook me up even tho my car is lowered to the ground lol

4drRguy

5+ Year Member
ok now i have to look for a usdm ecu and ITM, besides that what other smog equipment do i need? and how much does it cost to get the sticker?

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
ok now i have to look for a usdm ecu and ITM, besides that what other smog equipment do i need? and how much does it cost to get the sticker?
i know here in NS, Canada its 25 Dollars for an Inspection (what smog laws we have) and making sure your tires are good, lights, etc etc.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
haha yeaaa this kid knows whats up
Lol me too, here in Jersey its just passing inspection, or in the OP's case, passing emissions.

And to think that after reading the OP's post, I thought he was talking about his engine being bored out :lol:

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought he was asking how to use a clay bar lol

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
800-622-7733 to get your appointment pimpin. lol
they will tell you where the nearest station is for the state referree.

i just got my s**t taken cared of...

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^
this guy should know. he visits them often LOL.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
by the way it's $8.25 if you get a ticket and has to get certified
and it's $38.25 if you just want to set it up yourself.

way cheaper than the regular smog stations ($80...just cause of the EVap test)....dumb.

Junior_209

5+ Year Member
I'm going to get my car bard tomorrow would I need to have the Stock intake on and the original ecu since mine is jumped to obd1

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your pretty much f**ked if you have an engine older than your car, or an obd2 engine that is running an obd1 ecu