how to get my dash to light like a 7th/8th gen?

victor.m

5+ Year Member
Basically as the question asks... I've made my gauge lighting amber and it looks awesome, but I was wondering if there's any way of making it super bright like in the 7th/8th gen models where even during broad daylight you can see the illuminated letters .I just think it looks really cool and would love to get the effect..would LED bulbs do the trick? Or does anyone know of anything else that might do it?

Thanks guys =)

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as far as i know leds are the only way to get that hyper white effect, but you will have hot and cold spots so youll need alot of em.

victor.m

5+ Year Member
Hmm I heard about hot and cold spots, but does that means I'll keep having to swap them out for new ones? Won't just the default number of bulbs work or will I have to do some custom fitting to get more somehow? Also, anybody knoiw a good place online to buy them size 24/74 and that has def. reliable quality?

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when he says hot/cold spots, he means some parts of the cluster will be more lit then others. But to get around that you either custom make holes and put LEDs into it to have more lights lighting the cluster or get the LEDs that shine in multiple directions. you might still have small cold spots but not as much as straight LEDs.