How To: HID Retrofit in EK

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice work!!! whenever you get that conversion. sell me these headlights. would you ever retro for some money?
Thanks man. I honestly don't think I can do retrofits for money. This was my first one and I still have a bit to learn. When I get a front end conversion, I'm more than likely going to swap these parts into the new headlights because I'd more than likely loose money if I was to try and sell them.

definitively looks out of the box
thx bro, it took a lot of time.

DJ_BIG_A

5+ Year Member
nice job man looks like a lot of work

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks... and yeah, it took a decent amount of work and patience to get this done.

I spend a s**t load of time Sunday night aligning them. I also unplugged the red LED's but and left just the rings on. With the red, it looked like too much was going on... plus I'm pretty sure that was illegal anyways. I took pics but I don't know where the hell I put my camera :(

I'll post a pic when I find it.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here are some more pics of the finished product:

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dang... looks good... I wanna try to fab something up. How much did everything run you minus the HIDs.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man,

It ended up being kind of pricey in the end

projectors - 180
bulbs - 50
ballasts - 150
clear lens - 65
wiring harness - 40
led ring - 40 (or around there)
then miscellaneous stuff like the night time lamp covers used for shrouds, tape, spray paint, adhesive, etc

I just bought some bwm shrouds ($65) that I'm going to use instead of the ones I made. Even though the ones I made look ok, the BWM ones clip right on to the projector so there isn't any gaps and it also looks better :D

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha you beat me to posting a writeup. i went with the more subtle, keep it as stock looking as possible approach. go check out my setup :-D

-Luke

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love the way you stole the Lense from the aftermarket lights to make it Totally clear!! awsome idea!!!

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They look much better now :thumbs up I want to do this as well...

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bi-xenon on civics = sweetness