1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

How To: Install CTR sidemarkers

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork DIY How-To's' started by Eran, Apr 13, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. BAMA4792

BAMA4792 New Member 5+ Year Member

but the place to mount it is different since they are different generations of the civic

2. Genuine Rolla

Genuine Rolla Its PETEY PETE, y0! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

use the same method that is shown here and you'll be good to go. :what:

3. matt96ex

matt96ex 3 pedals ftw Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

my buddy with a teg and i ordered one of those nibblers and were ordering out sidemarkers tonight. Im kinda nervous about doin all this but oh well. Hopefully it will come out good. By the end of this week or this weekend I should have them in.

4. Genuine Rolla

Genuine Rolla Its PETEY PETE, y0! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

yeah, its not all that hard bro. cut just inside the template so that you dont take off too much metal at first. I used a dremel.

5. matt96ex

anyone have a correct size template i can print out? im not pro at photoshop and i dont want to waste 23 sheets of paper tryin to get the right size. thanks.

6. BseriesEG

BseriesEG New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

just measure out the side marker's base and make your own. i wouldnt use somone elses tempelate not unless they are the exact same sidemarkers. i bought the Depo ones and they have a different base setup. but all in all i didnt use any exact placement measurements from factory civics. i picked a spot a couple inchs above the molding and i just measured each side so they were even and drew the tempelate and cut. its not hard. and i used a dremel it works 10x better and is precise. just get the right cutting wheel. and dont rush.

7. Ls-HatchBoy

Ls-HatchBoy Honda Whore Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

i never used and template or anything on my old EJ, i just lighned them up so they were even and stuff on both sides and started cutting i really didnt care because they were dented up anyway. i think for my EM1 im going to buy the password jdm ones and have'm painted.

8. matt96ex

i put them in last weekend. they came out pretty good. picky people will probably b***h cause their a bit too high, but i could really care less. i used this write up, but they did put them on a 99-00 fender so thats probably why mine are a bit higher.

9. Genuine Rolla

I used the same method they used for finding the spot for the side marker and mine came out pretty decent.

10. zipppablo

zipppablo New Member 5+ Year Member

Ok so it seems that I'll be buying a pair of these sometime this week, it looks easy enough.

How would I have to wire them if I want them to stay ON at all times as long as my headlights are ON, I don't want them to blink.

By the way thanks for the help guys.

11. black97civic

black97civic black97civic 5+ Year Member

Tap into red and black and don't worry about the green.

12. franklin-hid

franklin-hid your moms boyfriend Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

bump for a great how to

lol..yea..like a year later.hahahah..

i did mine a LONG time ago and i wish i would of had this info...

13. Astheros

Astheros AMPhotography Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

this is easier than i thought. i guess spring time mod added to the list.

14. biglou954

biglou954 Heyyyy Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

yo! does anybody have the link to the template????

15. iOn

iOn I like pie. Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

It's right on the first page... except the link is kinda wrong.

It was -- http://"http//www.goosse.streetracing.org/photo4.html

Should be -- http://www.goosse.streetracing.org/photo4.html

I just recently did this DIY also... whenever I tried to print off the template it was smaller than it actually was supposed to be so I had to look at the measurements and draw the actual size.

16. biglou954

biglou954 Heyyyy Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

oh aight i'll check it out!

17. 97GreenEX

97GreenEX SiR=Hotness Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Hmm...So I kinda want to have them on all the time, but I don't wanna cut into factory wires so I was gonna get a plug and play harness from HT but they wired it so it's "USDM" meaning it will only blink when the turn signal is on?

18. Genuine Rolla

Just use these crimp on terminals to splice into your factory wiring:

[​IMG]

19. 97GreenEX

97GreenEX SiR=Hotness Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
    But I could just buy a set of these:
    http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2160371&page=1
    and then I'm doing city lights too so I'd just use the wiring harness I got with the sidemarkers for the city lights and splice into the other harness, therefore not having to touch the factory harness at all. I don't know if it's worth the money though.

20. cerasoli1188

cerasoli1188 Love/Hate Relationship Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I wanna do this but I have to say after watching someone screw up on my bumper I'm afraid to mess up the fender as well lol.