how to install oil catch can on a 96-00 civic coupe ex?

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can anyone let me know how to do this?
a catch can or a breather box?

coz a catch can can be ran to the Valve Cover..

and a Breather Box is ran to the back of the block!!

im going back to work in a lil bit,, i'll have pix and instructions later to help!!

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as promised!!

this is how a Breather Box works!!

it takes stress off crankcase pressure by venting it externally to a can/box , whatever!!

on the back of the block are "freeze out plugs".. large mm plugs allen key, i don't know the exact size off hand

u take thoes out, and Honda sells the fittings for them ( so u can run a hose to them to the can)

Endyne sells a COMPLETE kit also..

you also remove the stock black canister,, and they also sell a plug to block that up (being as how u are no longer going to use it)

once done, u run hoses to the can a PVC goes on the top of the can , and u are good to go!!

(i don't see a car making less than 350whp really needing one of these)

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is where it gets tricky!!

some say this allows for moisture to enter the crankcase!!

some kits return the spent oil back to the block .I hear bad things about this, since the oil that collects in the car is a mixture of oil, water vapor,fuel , and small particles! ( not sure if u want that going back to your motor) :what:

Buttt. i have seen some cars fill a 16 oz can on a single pass!! ( do u want your motor lacking 16 oz +)..

i say run it back to the block,, and check and change your oil A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
next is the catch can to the Valve Cover!!

u can have fittings welded in you cover to run hoses to like i did!

orrr

u can run a small hose to the stock breather port on the back of the Valve Cover near the oil cap!!
and Vibrent sells a part that mounts under the oilcap itself that had a fitting that u can run a 2nd hose to!! (kind of like a LsVtec sandwich plate, and the oil cap is like the oilfilter, and the plate has the fitting/s)

and the can is just to hold misty oil (blow-by)!! so u can use anythinggg.. Ebay got Tonssss for cheapppp.. i used a Coke Can for a longg time.. lol

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR U CAN BE A BALLER , and get the T1 catch can!! it's a one stop shop Item!!

it has a large catch can that has enough ports to run hoses to the block andd the Valve Cover and also return the spent oil back to the block.. cost about $599 with hoses, fittings and box!! (( it mounts where the stock battery would be , so the battery will need to be relocated))
this is a T1 catch can on my friend's car

jdmrascal

5+ Year Member
next is the catch can to the Valve Cover!!

u can have fittings welded in you cover to run hoses to like i did!

orrr

u can run a small hose to the stock breather port on the back of the Valve Cover near the oil cap!!
and Vibrent sells a part that mounts under the oilcap itself that had a fitting that u can run a 2nd hose to!! (kind of like a LsVtec sandwich plate, and the oil cap is like the oilfilter, and the plate has the fitting/s)

and the can is just to hold misty oil (blow-by)!! so u can use anythinggg.. Ebay got Tonssss for cheapppp.. i used a Coke Can for a longg time.. lol

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR U CAN BE A BALLER , and get the T1 catch can!! it's a one stop shop Item!!

it has a large catch can that has enough ports to run hoses to the block andd the Valve Cover and also return the spent oil back to the block.. cost about $599 with hoses, fittings and box!! (( it mounts where the stock battery would be , so the battery will need to be relocated))
this is a T1 catch can on my friend's car

thanks pal for all the info and pics. appreciate it.:lol: