How to install wallbro fuel pump??

xTyReaper

Can someone give me a walkthrough on how to remove the stock fuel pump from my 91 civic hatch dx and install a wallbro fuel pump?????
Also, will I have to mess with the ecu when I do this??

The back is already gutted out so you don't have to explain how to remove the seats and what-not.

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on the 91 Civic hatch, you cannot access the fuel pump from inside the car - you must remove the fuel tank in order to access the pump - the pump is in the rear of the tank - the part that is accessible thru the cover on the floor in the back is the fuel gauge sending unit, not the pump

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ohhhh....hm i didnt know that, thanks...so can you give me a walkthrough of that process??
yeah i can help... read the following:

on the 91 Civic hatch, you cannot access the fuel pump from inside the car - you must remove the fuel tank in order to access the pump - the pump is in the rear of the tank - the part that is accessible thru the cover on the floor in the back is the fuel gauge sending unit, not the pump

it has step by step instructions on how to remove the tank and take out the old pump and install the new one. it even has pictures.

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it has step by step instructions on how to remove the tank and take out the old pump and install the new one. it even has pictures.
also tells you how to check your old pump to make sure that it is bad - could be the pump is good and something else is bad, like the main relay

xTyReaper

yeah i just did the test where you turn the key to the "on" position and listen for the fuel pump to prime. and it did. so it might not be the fuel pump. i was thinking it could either be a clogged line, clogged injector, or my distributor??????

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i just did the test where you turn the key to the "on" position and listen for the fuel pump to prime. and it did. so it might not be the fuel pump. i was thinking it could either be a clogged line, clogged injector, or my distributor??????
well if youre having issues with the car not starting, two things to check for is spark and fuel. i would pull one of your spark plugs and check to make sure its sparking then go from there.