How to make decent power without boost

jdmcivic1

So im boosting my car next summer.

for now, i want to try a NA build. I dont want much at all. Just something that will give me 30hp more than what i already have.

1995 civic dx 5speed.

What can i put into my car to make some power.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldnt worry about it and save your cash for that boosted setup.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So what your saying is you want about 30 more HP and money isn't an issue. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

I'm far from even an amateur but basics are I/H/E, camshaft, adjustable cam gear, tune. Maybe raise compression or some other stuff but I have no knowledge of that ish.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here lies the problem. If you are going to go turbo, intake and header are a complete waste of cash. If anything I would go ahead and get a better intake manifold, throttle body, injectors, a fuel pump, and a tunable ecu.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
High comp b20v or h2b or just k swap u will gain 30 horse lol, if ur gunna all motor might aswell go big or go home who pays attention to 170 whp thats basicly bolt ons

Sent from tapataalllkk

jdmcivic1

i wanna learn how to do things on my own so I wanna do a NA build.

Is it possible to get an overall of 300hp NA

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wanna learn how to do things on my own so I wanna do a NA build.

Is it possible to get an overall of 300hp NA
with a K24 yeah, its been done a bunch of times. A d-series at 300whp NA, i've never seen such a thing

jdmcivic1

How much would it cost to do a k series swap? Id rather spend the money on a NA build on a b series swap. But if the K series is a good price, ill do that

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good price is in the eye of the beholder......K is not cheap. But i don't know of 300whp NA b-series setups either. I've seen 250's-270's though.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
God just get a B or K and do all motor. Wayyy more worth it.

I'm so sick of this damn arguement.

Do an all motor D series, and:
1. You'll be made fun of till the end of time.
2. You'll be sorely disappointed with the results.
3. You'll waste your money. No matter if you're making allowance from mommy or 100k a year. It's still wasting money.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good price is in the eye of the beholder......K is not cheap. But i don't know of 300whp NA b-series setups either. I've seen 250's-270's though.
My buddies old set up with his B20v was 258hp. That was stock bore and under-cammed. Now he's getting it overbored with custom cams (equivalent to Stage 3s) and anticipates like 280ish?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If u have a j then do a j swap :what:

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!