How To Make my Civic Fast

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol these threads ALWAYS pop up and the answers are ALWAYS the same sell your car, boost, swap, nitrous, everything else is a minimum gain and just not real smart on a stock d series motor
I'm going to permanently copy this to my clipboard.

cksnah252

Mr.Spades4o1
5+ Year Member
I recommend putting a body kit on it, and a autozone "performance exhaust" you'll get atleast 30+ hP and torque!

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get the supra. i mean, hell, if i had the money i'd get that sucker... supras are beast and they look it too... not to mention they are 100000000000 trillion times more rare than a civic.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah you could build your internals before the F-I but i would love to have a twin-turbo supra right now, that would be much better in my opinion if it has lower miles and good compression. that already has the engine power you are trying to reach out of a 1.6L.

Honda502

5+ Year Member
A. Boost it
B. Sell it and buy the supra
C. Boost it

You will only get 450-500whp (give or take a little more) from the sohc motors and that's fully built with a chance of breaking something often compared to the 1000+ hp the Supra can throw down. If you like the Civic then just boost it and have a fun 200whp+ street car that will handle well and give you the power I think your looking for. Bolt on's will make your car faster but not "Fast" My 2cents

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that "performace" chip will do more damage than good. Since you plan to go F/I at the end of the summer why not hold off on the mods and use that money towards a badass turbo sohc set up
__
OR

Or i buy my uncles twin turbo 94 supra from him for $15K, Not sure yet
keep that car stock and get your uncles supra tt. if you want power.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Civic = save those gas $$
Supra = have fun

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would say get the supra tt if it is in good condition as 15g is a steal for a tt supra 93-98. But for the civic probable the best thing would be a bigger intake manifold, 3inch exhaust, bigger fuel injector, and spark plug/wires/iginition. This is our best bet and the better as all this is still in preparation for the turbo. No air intake or header as all this is going to waste when you turbo it.
LOL ku_yugioh cracks me up.

OP for 15K you can build your civic. Although TT Supra would be better.

Just TASTEFULLY mod exterior/interior till you get your [Quality?] turbo setup?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Buy a B18 GSR and your good to go...