how to on cleaning rims???

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am helping someone with cleaning a car and i was wondering if there is a how to on cleaning rims. i searched and was not able find anything.

thanks

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Regular cleaning on rims? Like with soap/water? or are you restoring an older rim or something and have to work thru dirt grime/rust?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
simple green the wheels(or you can use wheel cleaner), scrub with some rags and rinse with some water.

simple.

i'd take off the wheels if they're really dirty to give them a good cleaning on insides

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Regular cleaning on rims? Like with soap/water? or are you restoring an older rim or something and have to work thru dirt grime/rust?
yea, they are older rims.

bluexcrush

5+ Year Member
soap and water. the other products you see on the shelf aren't really useful. unless you are running chrome rims stick with soap and water, they won't damage the paint on your rims. if you want to be extra careful i would use a MF cloth instead of a sponge (to get those hard to reach places also)

khooper

5+ Year Member
White vinegar and rubbing alcohol work great! Also, a wiping dry fixtures with a used dryer fabric softener sheet creates a great shine! Buffing with lemon juice results in a shine as well.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

these are the exact rims i am going to clean. its my brothers 90 dsm with 80k original miles on it(bone stock).