How to remove door windows in a 95 Civic Si?

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
Hey, i just got some new doors for my car but they are window-less and do not have the gears for the window crank.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the window and gears to replace into a new door?

Thanks in advance.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they didnt make an Si in 95

edit:
sorry forgot about the hatch

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
actually thats my mistake too, Si, EX same shyt lol.

forgot that the Si's were hatch only.

besides whats the difference anyways.

My coupe has power sunroof, power mirrors, manual locks and windows, front discs, rear drums, spoiler (with brake light), tweeters in the door (near the handle), to name a few things.

its the same engine as the Si, so why not just call it one lol.

EDIT: but what i dont understand is on the Kanetix auto insurance quote site, it has a listing for a 1995 Honda Civic Si 2DR Coupe, 1995 Honda Civic Si 2DR Hatchback, and then it says 1995 Honda Civic EX 2DR Coupe [U.S. Model]

So does that mean that the EX in Canada is known as the Si?

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the canadian EX was called the Si and the canadian Si was called the SiR

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah the canadian EX was called the Si and the canadian Si was called the SiR
Yes but that was only from 96-00 I believe. The 5th gen is the same in the US and Canada

alright that makes sense (but the Si and SiR have two different engines).

so back to the original question lol
After you take off ther door panel you should see the window being held on by 2 bolts on the window regulator. One is easy to see, but the other your going to have to use the window crank and match it with one of the holes to see it. Then you have to carefully wiggle that b***h out. Have someone holding, ready to pull the window out as you loosen the bolts. If your taking out the window regualtors its pretty straight forwards. The bolts are all in plain site, all 10mm and your gonna need a screwdriver as well.

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the info, but I got everything done already a couple days ago.

but as for the model of my civic, is there an actually way to find the EXACT model of it (is there a label or something anywhere that would say EX or Si anywhere besides the badges because my car doesnt have any).

victor.m

5+ Year Member
Glad you got things figured out.

Now, about the Si coupe dilemma and what was sold in Canada, I've heard so many versions I have no idea what's the correct one.

My EJ1 (94 coupe) has front and rear discs, and is Canadian. The 5th gen (and I think other generations as well) did not have the EX denomination in Canada, so it was actually an Si. There seems to be NO documentation on this online ANYWHERE and I've looked over numerous Honda forums and even EJ1OC. So as far as I KNEW, the Canadian EX was the Si - BUT WAIT, I was just recently told be a fellow EJ1 owner that in Canada, the EX coupe was the EX-S and it had rear discs (which my car has)..I don't know if the Si 5th gen coupe in Canada had rear discs or if it was instead the EX-S and had rear discs, all I know is my car has rear discs and it's not a conversion, and although my gauge is in mph, it has been swapped (I had to mess with it to get amber bulbs in there), so it was probably originally a Canadian Km/h gauge. My car was also mfg'd in Canada, although that doesn't mean much.

I wish someone could shed some definite light on this :( Also, if you want to find your exact chassis code, check your VIN. It's the 4th-6th digit, you'll notice mine is 2GH EJ1..etc, although the EJ1 is faded.

DX-special

5+ Year Member
Alright this is my understanding:

in canada it's like this:
for the 5th gen civic models

92-93
si hatch version came with 4 wheel disc + 125hp 1.6 vtec
si coupe version came with front disc rear drums + 125hp 1.6 vtec

94-95
si hatch was discontinued, but the hatch was still available with the 1.5 engines , and drum in the rear
si coupe remained in production.

note: what i do know is that for those generations the U.S counter part was deemed an EX and not an Si
*note: someone mentioned SiR earlier, i can let you know that this was only applicable for candian models 99-00 coupe, also know as the 6th gen Si coupe for the U.S.

**note: all 5 gen civics were assembled in canada. ( i think):cool: