How to replace right tie rod

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice write-up....plus its got pictures....thanks for the info!

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what made you change them ? What symptoms did you have.. Other than needing to alignment. My front right tire wobbles under acceleration; some one said it might be that.

Shred

5+ Year Member
what made you change them ? What symptoms did you have.. Other than needing to alignment. My front right tire wobbles under acceleration; some one said it might be that.
Well since the tie rods were frozen my car couldn't be aligned, and I'd just put on four new tires and didn't want their life to be decreased by a poor alignment. There were no symptoms really - no significant pulling to either side or shaking under acceleration.

HOWEVER before I did the tie rods, my car had a huge problem with shaking at 50+ mph and pulling hard to one side, and it was because my back right wheel was out of round. This could be your problem, but I would think that the most likely reason is because you need an alignment - when was your last one? If it's not that then maybe you have some damage on any number of parts under there. Have you had any bumps or crashes up at the front / front sides of the car? Hit any big things in the road?

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no not at all it was fine before i took out motor.. when i got it back in started this it almost feels like the wheel was loose but its not!

Dakota

Canuck Civic driver
5+ Year Member
Being a mechanic , and specializing in front end and suspension , my first thought was - What the hell is he doing with a grinder? But as I looked on , I understand now . Glad it all worked out for you!