how to request

civic1582

CCSC #86
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, mods feel free to move, but I need a how-to for changing brake rotors. I've done it once before and that was on a Pontiac Transport so I want to make sure I don't miss anything. I searched through the how-to's and came up with nothing. Thanks guys

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
leaving caliper hanging by the hose
:nono:

sloppy ghetto instructions.

removing the M/C cap will make pushing the piston back in easier as will a 4 or 5 inch c-clamp and an old pad. Using a clamp and old pad also pushes the piston back in more evenly. Grabbing one side with Vise grips is inviting future uneven pad wear issues.

It's so much easier to access the rear caliper mount bolts if you remove the dust cover held on by 2 10 mm head bolts. If you don't have the cheap pot metal rear caliper tool to screw the piston back in a pair of needle nose pliers will work. You'll probably pinch your fingers though

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really wish we had some more in depth how tos. I would be interested in a steering column install how to. Even though I'm not planning to do it myself, I'd really like to know more about it too.