How to take out an engine and tranny...?? NEED HELP.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
So, I am young and inexperienced, and need some advice. I'm trying to part my civic right now--starting with the engine and tranny--and I don't have a cherry picker. Is there any way for me to take them out? And, honestly, I'm not sure what I would do even if I HAD a cherry picker... (noob alert)...
Thanks for any replies,
Molasses

Trekk

Registered VIP
Well TBH if you dont have an engine hoist, compressor and a decent impact gun. It is probably going to be ruff to get out anyways.

MolassesMyCivic

Autocrosser
Aight. I'll wait for another bite and someone who can take it out themselves...or even better, someone who wants the whole thing...
Thanks guys!
Molasses

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its easy but i suggest you get some help if you don't know anything about it..its just a process of taking everything that connects the motor to the chassis..i did my first swap with no power tools or anything..just read on it and you'll be good..the hardest part will probably be the axles but after that its just unbolting, unplugging and draining fluids.

a ghetto way of doing it is to just raise the car the highest a jack will take it and when you do drop the motor have the jack under it and friends holding the motor still, then pull the motor out from under the core support..not recommended but i've seen it done

Keller

I don't know how big u are but I've see people rip it down chain it up and and start pulling with a come along to something sturdy but really the from the underneath is ur best bet or stop being a cheap ass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk